We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Discounted New Cars

Thought I'd share my new car experience with you.

Needed to buy brand new (pre registration) car so, after doing my research I decided on a VW Touran. Went to VW dealership for a test drive and their best price after much haggling on my part was somewhere in the region of £17,500.

I then went away and looked on www.drivethedeal.com For the exact same car and specification, I was quoted £15,500! A saving of some £2,000!

I was sceptical at first but now I've bought two cars this way through www.drivethedeal.com and have made considerable savings as you can see. Why pay for the fancy car salesman's salary and swish showrooms. For me this is the only way to buy a car in future.

Hope this is useful!

Comments

  • DM2007
    DM2007 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Good Choice Of Broker.
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    broadspeed is also a possibility. Also autoebid.com, however, I've heard dodgy things about them (DYOR)
  • blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    Have dealt with and supplied cars through Drivethedeal in the past - no problems with them.
    Cover me in honey and fling me to the hermaphrodites!
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,683 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Have used Drive the deal and broadspeed, both very good but preferred drivethedeal as they let you take up finance offers from the manufactorers such as 0% finance deals
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.