We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

GE Money card - manage online? set up DD?

Hello there,

I've just received my GE Money card, having followed Martin's advice on these pages!

But I can't find any details about whether it's possible to manage the account online.

Nor can I see any details about setting up a direct debit to pay off the card in full each month (which is what I have with my other cards).

Can anyone help me with either of these?

Thanks,
Sam

Comments

  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    No online access (at the moment).

    Set up the DD when you call the 0800 number to activate.
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    They don't seem quite 'clued' in. To get an additional cardholder we had to ask for it when the card was activated - no way to ask on application! On line access would be useful but isn't available. :mad:

    The 12 months 0% on purchases is nice though!
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,220 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Wyndham wrote:
    They don't seem quite 'clued' in. To get an additional cardholder we had to ask for it when the card was activated - no way to ask on application! On line access would be useful but isn't available. :mad:

    When I applied for the GE Money card, I did so over the phone. During the phone application, they asked me if I would like to add an additional cardholder, I did, so I gave them the details they required. Both my card and the card for the additional card holder were sent out in the same envelope.

    I guess if you applied for your card online, there probably wasn't a place on the online form for additional card holder details. Which is a bit odd, if that's the case.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Kazza242 wrote:
    When I applied for the GE Money card, I did so over the phone. During the phone application, they asked me if I would like to add an additional cardholder, I did, so I gave them the details they required. Both my card and the card for the additional card holder were sent out in the same envelope.

    I guess if you applied for your card online, there probably wasn't a place on the online form for additional card holder details. Which is a bit odd, if that's the case.

    It was an on line application - and we checked very, very carefully, but it wasn't there!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Kazza242 wrote:
    I guess if you applied for your card online, there probably wasn't a place on the online form for additional card holder details. Which is a bit odd, if that's the case.
    It's a very brief online form. They don't ask too many 'stability' questions - which is surprising. For example, whilst they ask for 'time at current address', they don't ask for 'time with current employer' or 'time with current bank' etc.

    Also, the primary income required appears to be 'household', and the applicants 'own' income appears to be of secondary importance.
  • erb
    erb Posts: 547 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I applied over a week ago online but rang customer services yesterday as my card had not arrived. They said the card can take 10 to 14 days to arrive. Whilst on the phone I was able to request an additional card and also set up the direct debit. Their T&Cs say you need to write to them to do this but they took my request over the phone.
    Regards
    erb :)
  • wronskian
    wronskian Posts: 20 Forumite
    Thanks for the info.

    My card also took rather longer than they said to arrive (about ten days). The PIN and the card came on the same day, which rather defeats the point!

    I applied online, so didn't get asked about DD options then. When I phoned to activate, it was an automated system, so I didn't try then, either.

    I'll give GE a call to set up the DD now.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I applied three weeks ago and still haven't heard a word from them. I phoned this afternoon and was told that they hadn't made a decision yet!! Can't understand why, I've never experienced a problem before. Don't really care if they send one or not now, think they are totally disorganized and not worth the effort.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

  • erb
    erb Posts: 547 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I sent them an email asking when the credit card account will be available to acces online and this was their reply:-

    "We do not offer an on line facility at this moment to view your account on line but we do hope to have this service available to you by January next year.originally we planned to have this facility up and running for October but due to unforeseen difficulties we have had to revaluate that date."
    Regards
    erb :)
  • erb
    erb Posts: 547 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Its online now see this post.
    Regards
    erb :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.