PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Freehold Manager requesting consent to Sublet

Options
12346»

Comments

• msiviter
    Options
    I've emailed them again with my original letter (2011) stating that I would only pay reasonable admin charges £40. But they trotted out the same guff about the £400 global license etc.
    I'm going to keep on but I've read on another thread somewhere that I should pay first then go to tribunal to avoid having to pay their legal costs at the tribunal. Don't really know how to get rid of these bullys.

Matt
  • Ulfar
    Ulfar Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    Options
    msiviter wrote: »
    I've emailed them again with my original letter (2011) stating that I would only pay reasonable admin charges £40. But they trotted out the same guff about the £400 global license etc.
    I'm going to keep on but I've read on another thread somewhere that I should pay first then go to tribunal to avoid having to pay their legal costs at the tribunal. Don't really know how to get rid of these bullys.

Matt

Don't ever agree to anything but what your lease states.
  • propertyman
    Options
    read this :D
    1 does the lease require or the letting trigger a need for consent
    2 are fees due for that consent
    3 notice fees

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?55587-Late-payment-charges-SC-and-GR

:money:Never ignore them - exercise your rights or rue the day when you are knee deep in costs.
    Stop! Think. Read the small print. Trust nothing and assume that it is your responsibility. That way it rarely goes wrong.
    Actively hunting down the person who invented the imaginary tenure, "share freehold";
    if you can show me one I will produce my daughter's unicorn
  • Bloke1664
    Options
    My wife has a property with FM, and we paid for the global licence a few years back (not thinking about reading the lease properly). Anyone have any views on whether or not we should go back to them and ask where in our lease it says this is due and demand a refund? Thanks in advance for any responses
  • propertyman
    propertyman Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    Options
    Bloke1664 wrote: »
    My wife has a property with FM, and we paid for the global licence a few years back (not thinking about reading the lease properly). Anyone have any views on whether or not we should go back to them and ask where in our lease it says this is due and demand a refund? Thanks in advance for any responses
    Sadly no, as a global licence is not refered to in the lease, you have agreed to a contract outside the lease and therefore there is no real basis for it to be overturned. Sorry.
    Stop! Think. Read the small print. Trust nothing and assume that it is your responsibility. That way it rarely goes wrong.
    Actively hunting down the person who invented the imaginary tenure, "share freehold";
    if you can show me one I will produce my daughter's unicorn
  • Bloke1664
    Options
    Propertyman, does this mean we are now stuck in this forever including fees for changes in tenants or can we just go back to them and say it's not in our lease go away and just have to write off the £400 already paid?

Thanks in advance
  • Bham_2
    Options
    Hello,

We have received a letter requesting we complete and return an enclosed application form to Freehold Managers Plc as well as a copy of the signed tenancy agreement from our freeholders. The application form requests property details, tenancy details and a choice of licence: (1) standard licence (£210 plus £120 should our tenant change) or (2) a 5 year global licence (£400 plus £60/tenant change).

Our lease states:

"Not at any time during the Term to sub-let the whole or any part of the Demised Premises save that an under-letting of the whole of the Demised Premises is permitted in the case of an assured short hold tenancy agreement with the prior written consent of the Lessor or it's agents (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed)".

I cannot see a mention of fees.

What would the fora members advise? Does the wording suggest I need to notify them of each new tenancy. The price does seem expensive if they are not supposed to be making profit from this.

I'd be grateful for other people's experience and advice.

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport