Paypal

Options
I filed a dispute as was sent a faulty item and the seller was ignoring my emails. I tried to send item back by courier, who attempted delivery 3 times and left 3 cards and seller did not respond so they delivered it back to me at great cost.
Paypal initially found in sellers favour as I had the item, I appealed against this decision and sent proof that I had done the best I could to return it and that the seller had the wrong phone number on his acct and was ignoring me.

Guess what I looked tonight to see that the appeal was sucessful oh joy but...... somehow paypal think the seller has appealed and have now told me to return the refund I didnt get??? I have emailed the and am so glad I had no money in my paypal acct as they might have given him some more of it.

any suggestions as to what might happen now? Seller would not have appealed original decision so paypal defo wrong but will they do anything?
I also reported him to ebay and since leaving my first negative F/B 4 other people have contacted me to say they have had similar problems still ebay have done nothing

I will stop using ebay and close paypal acct, I am astounded at the lack of buyer protection.

Comments

• glen5213
    glen5213 Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    I too have been stiffed by ebay and paypal in the last month try this
    https://www.paypalsucks.com

it cheered me up
    T&C APPLY
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I would try giving paypal a call.
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • ekkygirl
    ekkygirl Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    hey thanks for your messages, I spoke to paypal today and they said they know I won the appeal and that the seller has been told to refund me and I was to contact him,ooohhhhh riiiggghhhtt if Id known it was that easy I wouldnt have involved paypal!!!!!
    Seller has ignored me from day 1 so its a hollow victory dontcha just love paypal
  • bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    paypal aint that bad for cheap items,

https://www.bleugh.co.uk/paypal
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport