barcelona

Options
am looking for 3 flights to barcelona in early december and returning 3 days later. we live just outside manchester so need north west flights, so have looked at manchester but they are wanting over £100 on returns. liverpool can do easyjet for £41. does anybody know of any other no frills airlines from manchester. also what is the distance from barcelona city from the airport..

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barcelona airport BCN to the city is very easy and not too far by train or aerobus.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • bluemorph
    bluemorph Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Try Monarch out of Manchester, just had a quick look and they have flights for £67 leaving on the 3rd Dec for 3 nights.
    A taxi from bcn airport to the city will cost about 25 euros or you can take the bus for about 5 euros.
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do jet2 not fly to Barca from Manchester? If you do go from Liverpool with Easyjet (or maybe Ryanair?) there is a bus you can get from the train station straight to Liverpool airport for £6 return and takes about an hour.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Party_Animal
    Party_Animal Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No probs using Easyjet and train into city, sometimes you can time it just right, or ,at worst, you might have to wait 1/2 hr. Other option is Blackpool or Liverpool to Girona and 1 hr on a bus to Girona. The buses tie in with the flights. I'd prefer Easyjet if the price is right.
  • chatty123
    chatty123 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you all
  • ITFCNUT
    ITFCNUT Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    I would if poss fly from Liverpool into reus with ryanair I wouldn't pay anymore than £35-40 return for the begining of December.The bus waits outside the terminal at Reus airport and takes you direct to Barcelona's central train station costs 6 euros or it did in Feb when I last went.Also a tip for the metro...Buy a ticket called a T10 as it makes it cheaper to travel also you don't have to keep finding change for the ticket machines..the metro is very good and runs quite late into the night as well..If there is anything else I can help you with then let me know as Barcelona is one of my fav cities to go to...

Enjoy your visit...
  • chatty123
    Options
    thanks for that great tip.. amazes me how british airways and the like can charge over £100 for a flight that the low cost airlines can do for under £40
  • bluemorph
    bluemorph Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    How much did you get your flights for in the end ? Have a great time.
  • chatty123
    Options
    not booked yet as just waiting for confirmation of date as we are meeting our son 2 who is in the forces . as one traveller ( son 1 )only needs a one way flight it is 20.99 with easyjet from liverpool... i have now got a deal with last minute.com for 2 flights (on same as son 1) and 4 nights hotel for 300..
  • amethystdove
    Options
    Hi, I know Swissair are cheap from Birmingham (going through Zurich!) worth trying from Manchester.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure