NTL phone line fault

At 2.30pm today my phone stopped working, couldn't dial out or receive calls. The only way to tell NTL about it was to phone, bit difficult when it isn't working, however I used the mobile to be told there was a fault, it had been escalated and they would call me on the mobile to tell me the status.

So far nothing, now their customer services department is closed and my phone still isn't working, problem is I work from home and have calls from 8am tomorrow - any one any ideas on how to contact NTL? Does anyone have an email address that's useful or a 24 hour helpdesk number?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    IIRC, when a BT line is faulty, they divert incoming calls to a mobile number of your choice free of charge.

Don't NTL do that?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Shaanbles
    Shaanbles Posts: 228 Forumite
    I've no idea, there's no way of asking NTL!
  • Heinz
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Shaanbles
    Heinz wrote:

That number is no longer valid.

Called 0845 454 0000 at 8.01pm, recorded message saying lines only open 8am to 8pm. :mad: Guess I'll have to wait til the morning - must check out BT's offers, I see a move on the horizon!
  • Heinz
    Shaanbles wrote:
    That number is no longer valid.

Called 0845 454 0000 at 8.01pm, recorded message saying lines only open 8am to 8pm. :mad: Guess I'll have to wait til the morning - must check out BT's offers, I see a move on the horizon!
    I think that tells the story about NTL's (lack of) service very well!

The number is no longer valid but it is still the one given on their website for fault reporting! And the alternative is not available 24 hours?

Did your premises have a BT landline in the past (i.e. so BT would reconnect you free of charge)? If so, there's an easy decision to be made.
  • Shaanbles
    Heinz wrote:
    Did your premises have a BT landline in the past (i.e. so BT would reconnect you free of charge)? If so, there's an easy decision to be made.

Yes I think so. The question then will be do I keep the broadband from NTL and just switch the phone.

Spoke to them this morning and they know there's a fault in the RG40 area, but don't know why and therefore cannot say when it will be fixed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure