Time Scales

Options
liam_mel
liam_mel Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 26 March 2010 at 4:47PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi guys,

Just curious how long people are having to wait for their PPI claims to be upheld. I understand some take a lot longer than others, but according to people posting their successes on here it seems the majority of banks and/or companies are reaching a decision pretty sharpish!

I'm new to the PPI reclaim, and have only recently sent off my request to Northern Rock, Natwest and HSBC over the last few weeks so am in no way expecting to hear before the end of April!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    liam_mel wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just curious how long people are having to wait for their PPI claims to be upheld. I understand some take a lot longer than others, but according to people posting their successes on here it seems the majority of banks and/or companies are reaching a decision pretty sharpish!

I'm new to the PPI reclaim, and have only recently sent off my request to Northern Rock, Natwest and HSBC over the last few weeks so am in no way expecting to hear before the end of April!

Thanks guys!

Hi there
    This can vary.
    And depending who the company are and if any backlogs, but normally they have 8 weeks in full to respond, they will send you a letter to give you updates or maybe request for extra time if required.

However, some banks seem to be getting them sorted out quicker recently, good luck with yours, please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Tractorgirl
    Options
    Hi, Natwest are partiularly slow. Requested a SAR in Dec, did not get reply till Feb. Have claim with them that was lodged in Feb, it has been nearly 8 weeks and they anticipate that it could be end of April or May until I get a descision. They claim that they have a huge backlog. I have read on other posts that if you are successful then you have to wait another 28 days to recieve the money so I am probably looking at June. So don't hold your breath with Natwest, they are awful.

Regards Tractorgirl
  • liam_mel
    liam_mel Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there
    This can vary.
    And depending who the company are and if any backlogs, but normally they have 8 weeks in full to respond, they will send you a letter to give you updates or maybe request for extra time if required.

However, some banks seem to be getting them sorted out quicker recently, good luck with yours, please keep us posted.;)

Well, I've had updates from both Northern Rock and Natwest. NR were very fast in sending me a 'we have your complaint' letter, and I recieved a letter today in the post from Natwest with the same thing when my better half got back from work! So far, not to shabby response time, BUT I am expecting them to take the full 8 weeks to investigate. We shall wait and see.
  • toadyfrog
    toadyfrog Posts: 918 Forumite
    Options
    I claimed with Abbey took 3 weeks ish for them to tell me they were looking into my claim and a week later got a letter upholding my claim and 2 weeks for the cheque to come through.
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    As tractorgirl says, it is very rarely that you will get a decision from RBS/Natwest within 8 weeks it is normally more 12-16 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure