PV Solar Uk Ltd / Free Electricity 4U Ltd

Options

Comments

• karan22
    karan22 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 September 2010 at 5:56PM
    Options
    If you are really interested in Solar Pv and your roof is facing east west then i would advise you that you should get them put in your garden on an A frame. Not much use putting them on east west facing roof. Some people in this forum have mentioned that they got good price forgetting that all the prices depend on panel quality and output.

The company in Scotland I've had a visit from and are really nice people not pushy with best best prices is Alva Renewables Ltd.
    Am sure they'll have the right answer for you too.

Good luck guy's let me know if I can be of any help
  • moneysaverTC
    Options
    hi, anyone had these panels fitted to a business roof in the midlands at all? be glad of any info. thanks, Polly

Hi Polly
    Did you ever find an installer in the Midlands?
    I'm having the same problem. I'd prefer to go with an experienced company, rather than one of the bigger companies who look to be moving into pv installations.
    A company I have found based in the midlands are called EvoEnergy. Has anyone had any experience with them? I've chatted to them on the phone and they're coming next week for a free site survey. They seem very good so far, but it's a big investment for me, so I'd like some reassurance! :undecided
  • omdfan
    Options
    Hi, I have been browsing the posts on this forum and notice that some MoneySavers have been quoted a payback time of up to 16 years on solar PV.

From personal experience I have found that prices differ wildly amongst solar installation companies - in my case, the lowest price was half the highest (having obtained four quotes).

In the end I did go with the lowest, but not just because of the price. The guy I used was a one-man band, who came round in the late afternoon, having been out working all day. Two of the other three had sales offices.

He showed me in plain english what the expected yield would be, which in my case resulted in a payback time of 10 years and 1 month. The system is 1.95kW which should net me around £766 in cashback payments and savings. The cost installed (inc VAT) was £7730. (The next cheapest was over £9000!)

I can't post his website address because I'm new on this forum but his company is called Red Renewables (in Chorley) and his name is Stuart. Perhaps someone with history on here could post a link? :wink:

He is based in Lancashire but came to me in Cumbria so he must cover quite a large area.
  • Hello
    I have installed 3.84kw solar pv system on an east west roof and it produces plenty of power. Dont be put off by the fact that it is east west, the power produced is only slightly less than on a south facing roof. The downside is you will need to buy 2 inverters, one for each side of the roof instead of 1 for a south facing array. I installed Sanyo solar panels they will produce slightly more power on dull days, I figured that we would get plenty of those in the winter:)- If anyone would like advice on which company and equipment to go for then I woul dbe happy to pass on my experiences. The company I used was in Essex and they were first class installers from start to finish. I am a contractor myself and could not fault any of their work!!
    Robert young
  • thriftysarah
    Options
    Hi, we received a mailing from The Green Home Company, based in Maidstone. We're interested in installing solar pv and wonder if anyone has had any dealings with them? Or can anyone recommend a Kent/Sussex company they've used? Thanks.
  • daytona600_2
    Options
    your installer is using old inverter technolgy
    sanyo are very high output designs
    new inverters with twin mppt trackers are designed for
    dual roofs - each roof is split across two inputs
    for higher outputs as each roof is separate
    basically two inverters in the same unit
    very common for several years - can be retro fitted to your system
    one inverter would give better effciency than two inverters
    and would be cheaper as shading/clouds on one roof would
    not affect the output on the other roof
    and offer higher effciency
    suitable inverters for 3.84kwp would be
    sma sunny boy SB4000TL-20
    aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD
    would be ideal
    Hello
    I have installed 3.84kw solar pv system on an east west roof and it produces plenty of power. Dont be put off by the fact that it is east west, the power produced is only slightly less than on a south facing roof. The downside is you will need to buy 2 inverters, one for each side of the roof instead of 1 for a south facing array. I installed Sanyo solar panels they will produce slightly more power on dull days, I figured that we would get plenty of those in the winter:)- If anyone would like advice on which company and equipment to go for then I woul dbe happy to pass on my experiences. The company I used was in Essex and they were first class installers from start to finish. I am a contractor myself and could not fault any of their work!!
    Robert young
  • i had 16 of these panels fitted on my roof in June and have generated 900kwh as of yesterday 12/10/10 also read the electric meter yesterday now waiting for the bill
    PV solar UK of Hamilton Lanarkshire fitted theses, they would have taken one day but a couple of the panels where broke so they arrived the next morning and fitted them. got it up and running the same day and i am very happy with them. they where fitted by a father and son and his friend and were very efficient. They cleaned up after themselves.
    you get sent a guarantee which is for ten years and a MCS Installers certificate no which states the product and estimated annual generation.
    mine was down for the box being fitted in the loft but the lads fitted it in the garage instead which i find is ideal
    if you want anymore info i will give it if i can. also they have now moved address but im not sure where as i have milaid the letter they sent me
    ps they give you a year of prepaid postcards to send them a reading each month so they can see that panels are working efficently.
  • SpudSpud
    SpudSpud Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2011 at 11:36AM
    Options
    I phoned PV solar UK in Hamilton back in june for some information, as i was unsure of what the salesmen told me was correct.
    I was worried about how they would fit the panels to my roof without damaging it; [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Went with another company instead who were a lot cheaper and now proud owner of 2.1KW system.
  • tinae69
    Options
    i have had dealing with pv solar uk they are very pushy keep ring to get you signed up one of the sales people turned up was very nice but the office kept calling and offering different price .in the end i spoke to the person on the phone (manager)he sounded very abrupt and sounding like a window sale man
    in the end i said no. nowspoken and heard the sales people not getting paid so wats the work going to belike and what manner are completed works going to be like
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure