Options
15678911»

Comments

• John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2012 at 5:44AM
    Options
    Did the "advisor" ask you about the thermal performance of your home? Unless your home reaches a minimum standard, on its compulsory Energy Performance Certificate, it cannot be registered to receive the generation subsidy called the Feed in Tariff from your fellow electricity bill payers.

If you are accepted onto the FiT scheme, the payments for the electricity you manufacture are inflation proofed and should rise in line with the RPI.

This model of paying for environmental improvements is very similar to our national standard called "The Green Deal", which started with very little fanfare in October.

At the moment there are some few days of opportunity for those, not on poverty benefits, to take advantage of the old scheme subsidies - insulation being the main one.

http://www.greendealuk.co.uk/

[Is there more than a semantic difference between attaching the loan liability to the electricity meter of the home, as against the owner's bank account or the home's Land Registry entry ?]

At the moment all these "carbon reduction" improvements are voluntary - but you can see where the trend is pointing.
  • besensible
    Options
    It appears that my friends where sold Solar Panels by this company. They are on a prepayment meter and my understanding is that it is best not to install Pv panels on this type of meter.

Secondly-Do not buy Solar panels of the first company that you have round to your house-Shop around and get at least three quotes. Use the quotes given to you and show each of the companies what the other ones have quoted you to obtain a better deal. We did and we got a full 4kw system fully installed for just under £4500. I checked the type of panels and the inverter on the Photon website and they are top end galium coated panels and a top end inverter-built to last. Its worth a bit of research-and guess what I am saving money.Remember do not buy on the night or suffer any of this direct selling antics. Just do the research. Anybody in your house over two hours ask them to leave and watch out for the cowboys
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    besensible wrote: »

Do not buy Solar panels of the first company that you have round to your house-Shop around and get at least three quotes. Use the quotes given to you and show each of the companies what the other ones have quoted you to obtain a better deal. We did and we got a full 4kw system fully installed for just under £4500. I checked the type of panels and the inverter on the Photon website and they are top end galium coated panels and a top end inverter-built to last. Its worth a bit of research-and guess what I am saving money.Remember do not buy on the night or suffer any of this direct selling antics. Just do the research. Anybody in your house over two hours ask them to leave and watch out for the cowboys

I am impressed, I paid more than double that but it was last February.;)

What make of panel and what make of inverter ?
  • beamer123
    Options
    I worked for these conmen for 3 weeks..thats all pv solar uk is, just a big con! Make people think they are getting something gor nothing when they are actually getting ginance and paying back a fortune!!

I was one of the guys who sat in there !!!!!! wee call centre and cold called people....we worked off of scripts which were worded to make people think they were getting them for free...when infact they were not!

I worked there for only 3 weeks then left....i still have not been paid!!

I have started a hate campaign on facebook about this company 'pv solar uk'

Feel free to like the page if you are fed up with the cold calls or if you have been part of the con!

facebook.com/DoNotBuyFromPvSolarUk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport