Blackhorse ppi

Options
Hey all

I have written to blackhorse to claim ppi back on secured loan they sent back reply statin they did not think i was mis sold but as goodwill gesture they were willing to offer £8,351 rebate on pro- rato basis. I phoned before i accepted as was not sure what this meant was told as i had no arrears i would get money paid into bank account. But i phoned again today to check process and was told i wont get a penny as it will be taken off my loan. Any advice i told them i was told i would get it back and as it is my money i think it should be up to me what happens to it but just apoligised and said this was there final offer and to contact the fos which i have and they are sending a letter to them.

Has this happened to anyone else ????

Thanks la :mad:

Comments

• Stuart_1980
    Options
    Sounds rediculous but banks are!

As soon as FOS have to deal with a complaint, the offending company has to pay fees of £450. I'm not sure which way this will go but to document it in a letter to you the do a u-turn is absurd.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    lacoull1 wrote: »
    Hey all

I have written to blackhorse to claim ppi back on secured loan they sent back reply statin they did not think i was mis sold but as goodwill gesture they were willing to offer £8,351 rebate on pro- rato basis. I phoned before i accepted as was not sure what this meant was told as i had no arrears i would get money paid into bank account. But i phoned again today to check process and was told i wont get a penny as it will be taken off my loan. Any advice i told them i was told i would get it back and as it is my money i think it should be up to me what happens to it but just apoligised and said this was there final offer and to contact the fos which i have and they are sending a letter to them.

Has this happened to anyone else ????

Thanks la :mad:

Hi and welcome and how annoying, especially as you were already deprived of your own money!

As this was an offer and they did not actually agree and uphold it seems like they want to refund the way they wanted to here, so I believe you done the right thing in going to the FOS, don't worry they will soon sort this out for you and as Stuart say and will have to pay out fees to the FOS for them dealing with this.

Good luck
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • lacoull1
    Options
    Hey thanks for replys, not heard anything back yet but will keep you posted. Fingers crossed it good news eh?????:money:

Thanks la xx:o:o:o
  • lacoull1
    Options
    Hey all

The fos have written to blackhorse, just recieved another letter from blackhorse with the exact same offer as before. so phoned the fos who have told me to fill in complaint form now and take it from there. have tried numerous times to contact black horse but keep getting put through to answer machine and noone ever calls back. Just need to wait for the fos to deal with it now i think. Any one else had these problems

Thanks LA
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    lacoull1 wrote: »
    Hey all

The fos have written to blackhorse, just recieved another letter from blackhorse with the exact same offer as before. so phoned the fos who have told me to fill in complaint form now and take it from there. have tried numerous times to contact black horse but keep getting put through to answer machine and noone ever calls back. Just need to wait for the fos to deal with it now i think. Any one else had these problems

Thanks LA

Hi there

Thanks for your update and hope this is resolved very soon.
    The FOS can also write to them on your behalf, if they are ignoring you, but if its now suggested to complete the FOS complaints form, go for it, good luck.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family