We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour.
Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Valuation question
We have had an offer accepted on a property and have made an application for a mortgage through Countrywide mortgages. We have been waiting a very long time for our mortgage offer and things have recently taken a turn for the worse, but that's a different story.
My question is... we had a valuation carried out by Countrywide for our mortgage application, is this now ours? Or will we have to have another valuation carried out if we decide not to use Countrywide any further?
I feel in a bit of a pickle about what to do at the moment, so just knowing whether we will lose out if we decide to change advisors would be a really helpful first step!
Many thanks for reading.
CC1: £717.00/£30.00/£687.00
CC2: £773.25/£215.00/£558.25
Loan: £9627.00/£217.00/£9410.00
Total debt: 11117.25 Total debt now: 10655.25
Savings: £2 pot: £48 ISA: £13.65/£600 Mortgage costs account: £3000
Comments
-
the valutaion is usually not "yours" but carried out for the bank so it "belongs" to the lender/mortgage broker. Any new lender will want a new valuation from their own panel addressed to them.Debt free 4th April 2007.
New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.0 -
Thanks for the reply Emmzi. Have had time to think things through now and have spoken to a mortgage adviser that has experience in our situation and have the matter cleared up, well in the process of clearing it up anyway!Debt free wannabe: Original debt/Payments made/Debt now
CC1: £717.00/£30.00/£687.00
CC2: £773.25/£215.00/£558.25
Loan: £9627.00/£217.00/£9410.00
Total debt: 11117.25 Total debt now: 10655.25
Savings: £2 pot: £48 ISA: £13.65/£600 Mortgage costs account: £30000
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.2K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards