travelling with medication

Options
we are going to tenerife next month.both me and mrs w take a fair amount of medication.
what we cant remember is if we are allowed to take them with us a we usually take them,set out by the day in a container,with the repeat prescrition to prove whats what(if needed)or do we have to take them in the boxes as dispensed with the repeat as proof.
thanks in advance

Comments

• gerby
    gerby Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    no problem just put them in your case
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I take all my pills, and insulin and needles and finger pricking meter device thing in my hand luggage together with letter saying that I need the needles and insulin and my repeat prescription form thing. No one has EVER asked to see the letter. I wouldn't put any of that or my pills into my hold baggage in case it went astray
  • mommame
    mommame Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    Same here but would also say leave them in the original bottles and fill your pill box when you arrive as otherwise they tend to get a bit jumpy at the customs desk.

They never asked for my letter either but they just let me take the syringes etc on board in my hand luggage cos too cold in the hold,lol most of my hand luggage was meds and hubby doesn't take any.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure