🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Advice please on ppi claim..

Options
Hi all,
I have tried to reclaim ppi (extra care insurance) from littlewoods catalogue (shop direct finance company), i have had a account with them since 2000, and have always paid ppi, i cancelled the ppi in 2008 when i realised i was paying it and that it was not sold in my best interests and also optional..

They have now given me their final response and it basically reads get lost your not getting you money back, they then go on to say that i could try the FOS , but because littlewoods were not registered untill december 2003 the FOS would not be able to uphold my complaint,
would any of you experts have any advice on whether i can take this any further...

I have had some good news,, £3800 ppi + int from Welcome
£200 ppi + int from Capital one
£1700 ppi + int from Barcalycard

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have tried to reclaim ppi (extra care insurance) from littlewoods catalogue (shop direct finance company), i have had a account with them since 2000, and have always paid ppi, i cancelled the ppi in 2008 when i realised i was paying it and that it was not sold in my best interests and also optional..

They have now given me their final response and it basically reads get lost your not getting you money back, they then go on to say that i could try the FOS , but because littlewoods were not registered untill december 2003 the FOS would not be able to uphold my complaint,
    would any of you experts have any advice on whether i can take this any further...

I have had some good news,, £3800 ppi + int from Welcome
    £200 ppi + int from Capital one
    £1700 ppi + int from Barcalycard

Hi there

Do not worry your not alone.
    Many of us on here been in the same situation and due to this the FOS have suggested to many to try the actual insurer/underwriter direction instead, as they are trying to make these responsible, and these would have possibly been members of the FSA or prior to these GISC, the FSA taken over in Jan 2005.
    Of course then if they say no the FOS should be able to investigate due to them being members of the above.

One of mine is waiting to be passed on to an adjudicator now.

So ask the lender to send you the policy details if you do not have these, they are not always enclosed with the loan documents, but if you write to request for them they should post them out to you, the insurers details will be enclosed in the policy.

If you want to double check on this then ring the FOS first who will be able to advise on your best direction to take in these circumstances, although I believe they will possibly suggest the insurer/underwriter.

Its another direction to take.;)

FOS details here:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing