PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cream refuses to whip!!

Options

Comments

• heynonnynonny
    Options
    PS when I tried it with the double cream yesterday I just ended up pouring runny cream over the sponge like a crazy fool, I put it in the fridge and it ended up a soggy mess :rotfl::rotfl: oh well you live and learn. I will not let the cream defeat me I will try again in a little while!!
    Ahhhh.... lemony fresh victory is mineee!!!
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keep going :) Sometimes it takes forever for cream to whip and then it'll just go. It can also take ages if you've got a small whip and a small bowl, you really need to put it in as big a bowl as possible and really go at it with a big whisk, to get plenty of air in it.
  • heynonnynonny
    Options
    I have the worlds tiniest whisk. Maybe the fact I put it in a mug did not help then. It has been left at room temp do you think I need to chill it again now?
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have the worlds tiniest whisk. Maybe the fact I put it in a mug did not help then. It has been left at room temp do you think I need to chill it again now?
    Ack darlin. I don't think the mug would help. Big bowl big whisk. OR - i have done this - put it in a watertight tupperware box and give it a good shake for a few mins - that works and you will be like pop eye at the end of it :o
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Buy the extra thick cream and spoon it out from the pot just before you need it, it's almost as thick as whipped cream but doesn't hold for as long before it becomes a bit runnier.
  • SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    Options
    you cant whip cream in a mug - sorry!

we were convinced with mils that they had put single cream in the wrong container at the dairy
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I always use electric beaters unless I have thick yellow summer cream from my local farm which whips in a trice.
  • heynonnynonny
    Options
    Thanks for helping me all - I put the room temp cream into a huge bowl and hand whisked, and it WORKED!! Thank you for all the advice everyone x
  • Mrs_Flittersnoop
    Options
    Yep, it was the mug that stopped it whipping - you need a big bowl to make sure that lots of air can get into the cream and whip it up.

Hope the cake was nice.
    Mrs F x
  • heynonnynonny
    Options
    Made it last night in prep for tonight, just pulled out of the fridge, cream has held its shape although base a little soggy, still not too bad!! It is for my MIL tonight, although she won't mind the fact I cut a triangle of it for myself when I get in from work with my cuppa :) Good to know in future and I could do with investing in an electric whisk!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure