IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

can local councils issue pcn for red route offences

Options
Received a fine from london borough tower hamlets through the post. was caught by one of these little smart cars with a cctv camera on it.

There are two roads no bus lanes involved or any other restrictions. One a little side street, which i was in and one major red route road (blackwall tunnel exit slip road). Where these two roads meet is a solid white line with signage stating buses only.

i am thinking along the line that no offence has been committed until i cross the solid white line. Which is then a red route offence which the local council has no responsibility.

Any thoughts you may have would be most welcome.
Many thanks
Steve.

Comments

• DaveF327
    DaveF327 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was this the same offence you posted in another thread?

This one?

20qnb55.jpg

If so, then the offence is failing to comply with a traffic regulation order by virtue of contravening a sign (actually, a clear pair of signs, according to the picture). The road markings on that occasion are neither here nor there.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nortyboy wrote: »
    Received a fine from london borough tower hamlets through the post. was caught by one of these little smart cars with a cctv camera on it.

There are two roads no bus lanes involved or any other restrictions. One a little side street, which i was in and one major red route road (blackwall tunnel exit slip road). Where these two roads meet is a solid white line with signage stating buses only.

i am thinking along the line that no offence has been committed until i cross the solid white line. Which is then a red route offence which the local council has no responsibility.

Any thoughts you may have would be most welcome.
    Many thanks
    Steve.
    Where is the solid white line you mention (twice)?

Not visible on the PCN pic nor on Google Street View.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Should have gone to Specsavers :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts