We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
What is regarded as a modification?
Hello
I have a question- I bought a car from Mitsubishi, it was a showroom car with delivery miles on the clock. It didn`t have a spoiler and i really wanted one so I paid for the spoiler to be added by Mitsubishi. Paperwork all finalised and deposit paid I picked up the car a few days later.
Now is the spoiler classed as a modification and would i have to declare it when getting insurance?
Thanks
I have a question- I bought a car from Mitsubishi, it was a showroom car with delivery miles on the clock. It didn`t have a spoiler and i really wanted one so I paid for the spoiler to be added by Mitsubishi. Paperwork all finalised and deposit paid I picked up the car a few days later.
Now is the spoiler classed as a modification and would i have to declare it when getting insurance?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Technically it's a modification. Even a set of car mats could be classed as a mod or even an alloy tax disc holder but these are very minor mods that are generally of no consequence to the risk.
I would notify your Insurer especially if you are young or insure with a cheapo internet company. Most Insurers will ignore the risk if the spoilered car was driven by a 40 year old professional and clamp down far harder in the event of a claim on a 18 year old.The man without a signature.0 -
My guess is that a Mitsubishi with a genuine mitsubishi spoiler is not likely to be the kind of car an 18 year old would be able to afford to insure.....

But yes, it is techically a modification (or possibly an optional extra, which would need to be declared too)Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male::cool:0 -
I would definitely inform your insurance company.If no extra premium applies,great.Even if they do want a bit extra,at least you know that you're covered.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards