MSE News: Cartel Client Review fees: How to get them back

in Debt-Free Wannabe
15 replies 4.9K views
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Fears are growing that consumers who paid the now-suspended Cartel Client Review a fee to 'write-off' their debt won't get their money back. Yet there may be hope for those who paid on plastic."

OfficialStamp.gif

Replies

• ILWILW
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a pity MSE deleted any posts relating to Cartel before it all went belly up. Could have saved a lot of people from ever handing over the money in the first place.
  • DarkConvictDarkConvict Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Why did cartel posts get deleted, don't we just warn people not to use any paid debt management or wipe off debt company?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi

I have answered the question about why threads got deleted here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=30982043#post30982043

PLEASE CAN WE NOT DISCUSS THAT ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD WHICH IS RESERVERED FOR HELPING PEOPLE GET THEIR CASH BACK
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Ray_2Ray_2 Forumite
    4 Posts
    I paid a Cartel Master agent £495 with a cheque. What can I do to recover the fee? I was already in debt and like many others paid the fee believing the spiel that was served up. I feel such a dummy for being conned like this as I am a long time member of this site. I have been in touch with the agent who visited me but he seems to be in the middle taking all the s**t. I had tried contacting Cartel direct and you guessed it no response. I would like to meet Mr Carl Wright face to face after reading some of the things about him. He wouldn't con anyone else anymore I assure you that!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any helpful advise

Ray

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • nzseries1nzseries1 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Anyone else find it ironic that these people now have to rely on their credit card company to get back their money - the exact same credit card company that they were trying to screw over in the first place!
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • Thanks Cartel C**p review, thats £750 i've lost, £750 that, like everyone else could not afford to lose. I suppose its my own fault, as they say if it sounds too good then it probably is, I've just managed too scrap £2.50 together today to buy milk and bread to last me till next week when I next get paid, no money left, I'm sure Carl what ever his name is is driving home now in his flash merc to his swanky pad, I feel so F**KING depressed.

Apologies for my language, but that is how bad I feel about this whole situation.

As per a previous post, if anyone has any good ideas about how to get the money back, which hasnt been paid for by credit card thten please share with the rest of us.

Many Thanks, rant over for now

A very depressed and broke customer of cartel!!!!
  • DarkConvictDarkConvict Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    I assume the best way is to gather together and setup a group, claim against the company as a whole group so you have a large judgement against them if they do go insolvent you should get a bigger share.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies
  • VIGILANT22VIGILANT22 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    I assume the best way is to gather together and setup a group, claim against the company as a whole group so you have a large judgement against them if they do go insolvent you should get a bigger share.

No chance...........

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2010/03/carl-wright-the-interview.html

Quote:he admits the firm owes more than it is owed and that the first million pounds is owed to him personally, under the terms of a debenture he took out last August.
  • edited 20 March 2010 at 11:30AM
    VIGILANT22VIGILANT22 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    edited 20 March 2010 at 11:30AM
    Ray wrote: »
    I paid a Cartel Master agent £495 with a cheque. What can I do to recover the fee? I was already in debt and like many others paid the fee believing the spiel that was served up. I feel such a dummy for being conned like this as I am a long time member of this site. I have been in touch with the agent who visited me but he seems to be in the middle taking all the s**t. I had tried contacting Cartel direct and you guessed it no response. I would like to meet Mr Carl Wright face to face after reading some of the things about him. He wouldn't con anyone else anymore I assure you that!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any helpful advise

Ray

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ask the agent to refund you the commission he received from yr claim, it will be approx 150.00.....was the agent an IFA or Mortgage Adviser?...If so report them...they should never have been taking part in this racket...as anybody with any credibility in Financial Services knew all along this would happen........
  • Ray_2Ray_2 Forumite
    4 Posts
    VIGILANT22 wrote: »
    Ask the agent to refund you the commission he received from yr claim, it will be approx 150.00.....was the agent an IFA or Mortgage Adviser?...If so report them...they should never have been taking part in this racket...as anybody with any credibility in Financial Services knew all along this would happen........

Thanks for the advice!! I have spoken to the agent and he claims he is not an IFA or Mortgage Adviser, he was employed by Cartel and trained for the position of Master Agent. I have written to CCR requesting a refund but don't hold any hope of success. I am still waiting to hear from the SRA regarding the whereabouts of my case file. Will post more info as I get it.

If there is a group forming to apply pressure please include me....

Ray

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion