HFC/Beneficial reclaim success

Options
I am gobsmacked.

I completed the stage 1 letter last week and posted it to HFC, fully expecting them to drag their heels.

Today I received a letter offering a PPI refund of nearly £11,000 :eek:

I thought i'd have to fight this one all the way to the FOS.

Comments

• luvfreebeez
    Options
    well done!i was only this morning wondering about an old debt i had with hfc and couldnt remember if i had ppi on the loan,im sure i did - can i ask how old your debt was, was it within the last 6 years?mine is definiely over 6 years,not sure if it would be too much hassle to pursue that one.
  • doomsdayclock
    Options
    this loan was an old loan (set up in 2002) however it was a 120month duration agreement.
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Well done doomsdayclock.
    :mad:
  • Andrew_Thomas
    Options
    congratulations :):) £11,000 you must be feeling good
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I am gobsmacked.

I completed the stage 1 letter last week and posted it to HFC, fully expecting them to drag their heels.

Today I received a letter offering a PPI refund of nearly £11,000 :eek:

I thought i'd have to fight this one all the way to the FOS.

WOW that is fantastic :T:T:j:j
    Congratulations
    :beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • madinlife
    Options
    well done, i phoned them last week about mine on the 12th march and got a letter on the 19th march from then offering almost £2900 back.
  • di3004
    Options
    madinlife wrote: »
    well done, i phoned them last week about mine on the 12th march and got a letter on the 19th march from then offering almost £2900 back.

Hi and Welcome

Congratulations to you as well, that is fab :beer::T:beer:
  • gaylee
    gaylee Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    hi there well done how gud is that , my step father is in the process of writing to the hfc to try and claim his ppi but he has no paper work about the loan can he still claim <he moved and threw alot of paper work away we think it has gone in the bin>
  • di3004
    Options
    gaylee wrote: »
    hi there well done how gud is that , my step father is in the process of writing to the hfc to try and claim his ppi but he has no paper work about the loan can he still claim <he moved and threw alot of paper work away we think it has gone in the bin>

Hi Gaylee

If your step dad was mis sold the ppi and still has hold of the account number then he can still continue to make a reclaim, they may send the copy do the loan agreement with the first response which in this case will be free, or he can write to request they send this to him by 12 days with the payment of £1 postal order or cheque payment enclosed, post by recorded delivery to have proof of posting.

If even more paperwork is required, your step dad if he wants to can request a SAR (Subject Access Request), where they have 40 days to send ALL they hold on him going back the last 5/6 years however some send info going back to even earlier years.
    This one you enclose £10 postal order or cheque payment, if they cannot send anything they must return the payment with an enclosed letter to explain.

But if your step dad has the account number on hand now then I would continue to make a reclaim with the reasons he has for being mis sold, they have 8 weeks in full to respond.
    If he was paying from his bank account this should allow him to go back as far as 6 years if he also banks online, the loan account number would be shown next to the monthly loan repayments, of if he has any paper statements he should be able to find them on there as well.

Hope this helps and more here on reclaining with guidelines:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck, and ask for help anytime too.

Di
  • scotflyer
    scotflyer Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on your big payout ! Am still waiting for Beneficial to reply to a letter I sent them by recorded mail so will see what happens .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure