We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Tax Disc

If you were thinking of renewing your tax disk in March 2010, first check that the price is not going down in april! I bought mine early and have paid an extra £30, ripped of by Gordon once more!:(

Comments

  • phwoggy
    phwoggy Posts: 26 Forumite
    mines due then but waiting until I get paid on the 26th to buy it, hoping I'll get a nice surprise and get it cheaper, not holding out much hope though!
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Mikey8 wrote: »
    If you were thinking of renewing your tax disk in March 2010, first check that the price is not going down in april! I bought mine early and have paid an extra £30, ripped of by Gordon once more!:(


    What have you bought, a monocycle?, if not he will tax you on both wheels next year, or then again, maybe not;)
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

    Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

    Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • Mikey8_2
    Mikey8_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First check dvla website, some are going up on the 1st April!
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wonder if there's a way round this...could you not declare the car as SORN, get a refund on the tax, then retax it in april?
    Something like that...
  • Mikey8_2
    Mikey8_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    No Need, just wait till April 1st
  • Shoshannah
    Shoshannah Posts: 667
    500 Posts
    Forumite
    Mine's going up from £190 per year to £205 per year. Luckily tax due at end of this month so will be able to put off the increase for a while.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,237
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I managed to do that a couple of years back, taxed the car the night of the budget before they had a chance to increase it.
    I paid the old price thats on the paperwork but you can get charged more if the price goes up in the meantime.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • I just renewed the tax on mine a couple of days ago and saved myself £30 looking at the price increases at the DVLA website.

    "What about already registered cars?
    From April 2010, already registered higher emitting cars will be charged up to £30 more and lower emitting cars will be charged up to £30 less"

    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_172916
    Psychosomatic addict, insane.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.