🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

'I can't think of an interesting title for my debt diary!' Diary

Options
~b~_4
~b~_4 Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 23 March 2010 at 10:54AM in Debt free diaries
:wave: Hi all of you fellow DFW's.

I've had the idea to start a diary, and I've thought and thought to try to come up with an interesting title but I just can't! So this is it. What you see is what you get.

So I'm 23 years old and I feel a lot older! I have £12114.25 worth of debt (not including the mortgage, joint with my fiance!) at this time, and I desperatley do not want it to get any more! Every penny of that debt is weighing me down, and I've just about had enough. On top of the debt I've also been letting other things get me down, and I'm at a point now where enough is enough, and things have to change. An overhaul is needed in more than one area of my life, and this afternoon, on the 17th March 2010 I am putting my foot in the door and taking action.

Areas needing some change (in no particular order);

DEBT! I am determined once and for all to get rid of my debt, all of it!

Body. I am a wreck at the moment. I am anaemic, I have IBS, bad skin, and I am overweight. Bleurgh! I must start treating my body as the temple that it is. It has to carry me for a good many more years yet!! This year I will lose weight and get healthy.

Career. I am currently studying for the next step in my career and must put more effort into my work and studies to ensure I succeed.

Home. I need a major redecorate and declutter!

Relationships. Last but not least, my relationships have suffered somewhat! I have grown apart from people and I don't spend near enough quality time with loved ones, something which I regret. Far too many arguments and too much distance between us. Its bad that life catches up and drives people apart. I will mend this.

So thats about the shape of it. This diary will be a place for me to chronicle my journey so that I can look back and track my progress.

Wish my luck!

~b~
Total debt £12114.25

Comments

• Apricot
    Apricot Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck *subscribes*
    :happylove DD July 2011:happylove

Aug 13 [STRIKE]£4235.19[/STRIKE]:eek: £2550.00 :cool:
  • debt_obsessed
    Options
    Good luck *subscribes too* :j
    :beer:
  • ~b~_4
    Options
    Thank you!!

Lovely to know I'm not alone!! :beer:
    Total debt £12114.25
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Mildred666
    Options
    My first ever post and I will use it to wish you all the best of luck. I am 24 and what you have said seems so similar to my situation.

All the very very best, I will be following your diary.
  • ~b~_4
    Options
    Ok, so, still a week till payday, and I need to get my thinking cap on!

The next thing I have to do, preferably tomorrow (evening class at college tonight) is meal planning (using up all the bogof offers stacking up space in the food cupboard). Hopefully doing this will show that we have a few weeks worth of dinners just waiting to be eaten! Would be great to see the food bill dramatically decrease over the next couple of weeks, at least. And then once all thats gone I can start to shop sensible!

I have also put in for friday off work, I need some 'me' time and want to get organised!
    If I can get it off, df is off too so that would be brilliant. Will know by the end of the day so fingers crossed!

If I do get it off my plan is to do some gardening, before the weather gets too hot and all the barbeques start! I'm not anti-social or anything, we just have some anti-social types around us so I'd like to get things done while there's not many people around!!
    My plan for this year in the garden is to try my hand at growing things I can eat! It won't be much, probably just chives and herbs, but its a start! It's exciting but also daunting. I don't know the first thing about gardening! Good thing is though I have two lovely big empty plant pots so no spend needed there, will just need to buy some sort of compost to plant them in (wonders *can I use normal soil from the garden?*) and the plants themselves!
    How great will it be to be using something in cooking that I've actually grown myself?!? :D (The cooking itself is also daunting - I'm currently the Ready Meal queen, but am determined to change this, once I've used up the hundreds of things I currently have in the cupboard!)

After some gardening (If I can get it off - please please please!!) df wants to go to see something at the cinema. We would probably want to go to the very first showing as you save £1.35 per ticket (!) so this means getting up very early (for me anyway) for the gardening beforehand!
    It's rubbish having no money and I always feel guilty spending on stuff when I know I have debts but I know realistically I still have to have a life, I just need to know when to stop and do more free things and things at home!
    Said cinema ticket would set me back £6.35, leaving me only £2 to £3 to last a week (Have £8.35 in my purse, and a few dregs at home!) which I think would be doable as we do have a lot of food at home, but we'll have to see. Hopefully df will feel like being generous and paying for me! (Although I doubt it as he has an overdraft himself!)
    We'll cross that bridge when we come to it anyway. :)

Oooh now I'm really hoping they confirm I can have it off!

The rest of the weekend, well I'm going to try for minimal spends there too. Df is out Saturday evening so I have the house all to myself untill Sunday morning. Some girlie relaxation/pamper time is called for me thinks!
    :T Will feel like a brand new woman come monday morning!!

Back again soon, off to update my signature now!

~b~
    Total debt £12114.25
  • ~b~_4
    Options
    Thank you again to more well-wishers! I love the support already.

Congrats on your first post also!!

Total debt £12114.25
  • ~b~_4
    Options
    Good news! I got friday off! :j One more working day this week. Yay!
    Total debt £12114.25
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    BEAT_THE_DEBT Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    hi, i for one love the title!! Good luck enjoy fri and welcome.xx
  • ~b~_4
    Options
    Thank you beat the debt! Think I will need all the luck I can get! :rotfl: :)
    Total debt £12114.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family