IVA Approved today! :o)

Options
Hi

Not posted on here a great deal but had vast amounts of help reading other ppls posts and the replies from the odd ones I have posted.

Anyway, we've had our IVA approved this afternoon and wanted to thank National Debt Line and Grant Thornton 'cos without them we'd still be drowning in our £50k+ of unsecured debt.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and here's to debt free living :beer:
Thanks to everyone on here, it's reassuring to know we're not the only ones in this situation!

Comments

• whitey31
    whitey31 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there myself and partner are thinking of a IVA, at the moment we only have 5000 which is managed by a DMP, but our house is going to be repossed due to wage loss monthly, can i be really nosey and ask how much you pay monthly and how long for as bankcrupty sounds way scary.

Regards
  • cerig1977
    Options
    Hi

We'll be paying £458 per month for 5yrs but with the potential of 6yrs, surely for £5000 there's another way?! Phone National Debt Helpline, they were fab with us and went through every option.

Hope you manage to sort something out.
  • To_be_Free
    To_be_Free Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cerig1977 wrote: »
    Hi

Not posted on here a great deal but had vast amounts of help reading other ppls posts and the replies from the odd ones I have posted.

Anyway, we've had our IVA approved this afternoon and wanted to thank National Debt Line and Grant Thornton 'cos without them we'd still be drowning in our £50k+ of unsecured debt.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and here's to debt free living :beer:
    Thanks to everyone on here, it's reassuring to know we're not the only ones in this situation!

It will be hard at times but there is light at the end of the tunnel good luck to you.
    I have just had my first annual review and it even went down by £27.00 a month due to price increases.
    :laugh:
    Free at last
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family