How to find if company is winding up for insolvency?

Options
I hope this is right place for the question. For another I want to know if there is a way to ascertain if a company is in course of receivership or liquidation, and the state of its progress.

Comments

• markandkate
    markandkate Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    You could try companies house but htey are likley to only record when a company is wound up. if it is because you want to claim a redundancy payment from the National Insurance fund then apply it costs nothing and they will tell you very quickly if htey are not going to pay out!
  • dampdaveski
    dampdaveski Posts: 529 Forumite
    Options
    unfortunately companies house only get to know when the liquidators send in the relevent form, this could take weeks to be displayed on their website.
    In the very early stages it's very difficult to find this information out.
    The easiest thing to do is ring the company, if they don't answer that is a clue, if emails get bounced back that is also a clue, as is the website bieng down (if they have one)
    IF they do answer the phone, depending on your 'front' simply ask them the question and gauge the response.
    I asked this exact same question of my accountant 3 days ago and the above is basically what he told me.
    hope this helps
    DD
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure