We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
No claims for two cars?
danandjens_worldtravels
Posts: 333
Forumite
in Motoring
Hello, I have just bought a car which will be used at weekends as a camper. I am the main driver and my partner is a named driver.
He had a conviction 4 years ago and so insurance is more expensive in his name.
Now, on the day we bought it we were told we will be given a car, benefits of which are its a bigger engine so will make the motorway a bit more comfortable on the day to day driving I may do if I get the job I want.
So can I use my no-claims bonus on the second car too or can you only use it once?
Alternatively my partner could be insured on the second car but his convictions make it expensive, can anyone recommend an insurer that is a bit cheaper than the main ones for those with past convictions.
He had a conviction 4 years ago and so insurance is more expensive in his name.
Now, on the day we bought it we were told we will be given a car, benefits of which are its a bigger engine so will make the motorway a bit more comfortable on the day to day driving I may do if I get the job I want.
So can I use my no-claims bonus on the second car too or can you only use it once?
Alternatively my partner could be insured on the second car but his convictions make it expensive, can anyone recommend an insurer that is a bit cheaper than the main ones for those with past convictions.
0
Comments
-
I recently bought a second car and Tesco insurance refused to honour NCD on 2 cars, so I now have two insurers! Been told that some insurers will do it though so I'd always check with them first.:cool:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards