We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

what is the newest car with old technology?

avantra
avantra Posts: 1,333
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
Forumite
I am after a new set of wheels after an old lady drove in to my parking Rover.

I would like a vehicle where I can change a bulb if needed, a car that is durable and simple. (as in Ford Ka or Rover 45). Can be either Diesel or Petrol.

My budget is up to 15k (but rather spend far less than this) and I am looking for up to a 4 years old motor.

any advice
Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
«1

Comments

  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    So what you are looking for is a modern car that doesn't need to be hooked up to a laptop to reset the ECU everytime something goes wrong, but is made from 2006 on?
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • avantra
    avantra Posts: 1,333
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    catflea wrote: »
    So what you are looking for is a modern car that doesn't need to be hooked up to a laptop to reset the ECU everytime something goes wrong, but is made from 2006 on?

    Kind of, not very modern but young. Don't mind if it's got an ECU but something that will hold on without expensive problems for the next 8 years. I was thinking along the Kia range as they offer a long warranty but as above got to be simple.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

    Terry Pratchett.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Land Rover?????????? ;)


    To be serious every single manufacturer will have gone the same way, they had to, or we would have been saying "look who's still producing 70's cars"

    It's not technology you have to worry about, it's reliability........................., or we would all still be on push bikes ;);)
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

    Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

    Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    If you can stomach the depreciation (i.e after 8 years it will be worthless) the Kia C'eed might be a good buy - 7 year warranty and apparently built fairly well and not too bad to drive. The base model is £10,995 so well within the bounds of your wallet :D
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127
    Part of the Furniture
    Forumite
    What is a 'Parking Rover' ??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    catflea wrote: »
    If you can stomach the depreciation (i.e after 8 years it will be worthless) the Kia C'eed might be a good buy - 7 year warranty and apparently built fairly well and not too bad to drive. The base model is £10,995 so well within the bounds of your wallet :D

    Very well built.. ;)

    There is a new model Kia Rio on the horizon, it may be worth waiting for.
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    I would never describe a car as very well built, unless I built it myself :D

    Consequently, I know of only two very well built cars. Both Morris Minors. :D
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    catflea wrote: »
    I would never describe a car as very well built, unless I built it myself :D

    Consequently, I know of only two very well built cars. Both Morris Minors. :D


    Get your coat!!!
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

    Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

    Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    catflea wrote: »
    I would never describe a car as very well built, unless I built it myself :D

    Consequently, I know of only two very well built cars. Both Morris Minors. :D

    Yeah right.. :rotfl::D

    I ain't getting dragged in to that one.. :D
  • I have a Kia Cee'd and I would describe the build quality as average at best.

    My old Skoda Octavia was better bulit.

    Cheap plastic on the steering wheel that keep squeaking. Not overly impressed.

    Dealer wanted to keep the car over night for a service!!!.
    Inactive wrote: »
    Very well built.. ;)

    There is a new model Kia Rio on the horizon, it may be worth waiting for.
    Iva started Dec 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.