mortgage help needed please

Options
Hello, I'm a newbie and wanted some advice please!

My husband and I took out a repayment mortgage 2 years ago and have never missed a payment. However, last May I entered into an IVA.

Our mortgage deal ends soon and we really want to stay with our current lender and move onto another fixed rate mortgage, but I'm concerned that my IVA and consequent very poor credit rating will affect us.

So what I would like to know is do they run a credit check when you change deal, even if it's with the same lender? and what sort of options would be open to us? Would they take into consideration the fact that we have never missed a mortgage payment?

My husbands credit rating as far I know should be ok, but then he is linked to me financially as we have a joint bank account.

Any advice please?
39 months til debt free heaven!:rotfl:

Comments

• jlee1
    jlee1 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    same question i'm asking.... did you ever find out if you could stay with current lender...what happened?

Please get back to me asap
    Thanks
  • malkkky
    malkkky Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    i've had no problems fixing new deals with my existing lender, the problem is now that i need equity release that they won't play ball
  • devonshire
    devonshire Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    we had no probs, no credit checks, swapped straight onto a new 5 year deal with a lower interset rate than before,

good luck
    39 months til debt free heaven!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family