We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Statement not making sense?????

I have just recieved a Final Annual Statement from the student loans company for the period 06/04/2006-05/04/2007. The date of issue is Dec 2007????

I had an overpayment when i left uni in 2007 and have just finished paying this off at £30 per month.

Does anyone know why I have recieved a letter dated from 2007? Obviously none of the payments I have made in the last 3years are on this statement.

I'm just a little confused as to why they haven't sent me a more recent statement.
Every time life knocks me down, I just stay on the ground for a bit and look up at the sky for a while. Eventually I get up and have a cup of tea.

Comments

  • Is the date on the statement the date you agreed to make the £30 per month payments?

    If you are in any doubt call them for clarification.
  • Poolie
    Poolie Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    Did you have a student loan as well? If so, they may have just set the repayment amount for tax year 2006-2007 as £0 to generate a statement.

    If you want an updated balance, phone slc and check they have your repayments for tax years 2007-2008, 2008-2009. For 2009-2010 you will need to tell them what you have paid from April 2009 and they will be able to provde you an updated balance.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.