Balance Transfer

I transferred to Barclays Platinum hoping to get 6.8% but they called me and asked me if I wanted card protection, I said no but this was added to the transferred balance anyway. I am now being charged 15.8%. they won't listen to me. Is this normal practice?

Comments

• CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dorset_Man wrote: »
    I transferred to Barclays Platinum hoping to get 6.8% but they called me and asked me if I wanted card protection, I said no but this was added to the transferred balance anyway. I am now being charged 15.8%. they won't listen to me. Is this normal practice?

Nope, definitely not. You're the customer. Phone them, asking for it to be cancelled and any payments and interest refunded. If they don't do it ask them for details of their complaints procedure and progress it as a complaint. If you still don't get a result then you progress it onto the FOS.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I would suggest that after you have telephoned them to ask for the refund, as suggested by CannyJock, you should also send them written confirmation of your verbal request so that there is no question at a later date that you have made the request.

If they get the feeling that you really do mean business, there's a greater likelihood they will sort things out.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure