Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Alice, I am yet to get possession of a £2 coin yet but with no spending im not likely to am I?!

I hadnt really been tracking my NSD, but have started again and it feels good!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Good afternoon diary,

Just having a quick catch up on my phone so may not make any sense haha!!
    Busy morning here. DH took girls to their swimming lessons so I cracked on with the house work and ironing. We've since had a full English and an hours walk with the dog.
    Popped in at the coop on the way back and spent £8 on a few bits we needed and the kids reward for being good all week.
    Had 3nsd so far but won't get one til weds now as I need food shopping tomorrow and eyebrow waxing appointment Tuesday.

Nothing else to report really, all ready for kids to go back to school tomorrow. DH cooking a curry for tea from the leftover chicken from yesterday.

Hope everyone's ok x
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning diary,

Kids back to school today and im not back until tomorrow. Took them to breakfast club this morning as usual to keep them in the same routine and when I got home at 8.10 I felt a bit guilty! I have looked forward to this day off for so long but I always feel like a spare part when im on my own!!
    Anyway those guilty feelings didnt last long as ive been busy since haha!!
    Ive washed all the bedding, been to Mr A's, filled up the car, made our bed and cleaned the dishwasher with white vinegar and bicarb. Kids bedding in the TD now so will make their beds once its dry.

So money, its payday tomorrow woohoo :j. Spent £79 in Mr A's :eek:, I know I should have gone to Mr Al's and H. Bargains but I just couldnt face it today. Im planning a small shop at the local farmshop next week so had to get 2 weeks worth of things in Mr A's.
    I also have my first £2 coin woohoo!!

Think thats all from me anyway, hope everyones ok x
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning mummy, my kids also back at school today and I'm not in until tomorrow, I have to say I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

Sounds as though you have had a really busy morningand have totally put me to shame.

Take care pwps.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • LivvyLoo_2
    LivvyLoo_2 Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mummy,

Happy New Year! Its my first day back at work today, so I have a lot of catching up to do...Im a bit excited about getting back to normal tbh (sad I know).

Hope you had a lovely time off, I will read your diary and catch up.

xxx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Alice, I am yet to get possession of a £2 coin yet but with no spending im not likely to am I?!

I hadnt really been tracking my NSD, but have started again and it feels good!!! xx

Haha MTG, that's the problem I had last time. think I was too good at NSD and when I did buy anything it was with my card or online, so I didn't end up with any change in my pockets.

xxx
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Its payday yay :D!!! Just done all my transferring and sent 22p to my other account for rounding downs! £1.28 in there now it all adds up.

1st day back at work was quite nice actually! I only work mornings Tues-Friday so 4 hours was just enough to get me back into it. We had a meeting so I left around 20 minutes later than I usually would have.
    Have an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed at 2.30pm then pick the kids up straight from there... its all go! Just doing an easy tea of jacket potatoes, DH will be pleased!

Pennywise, hope youve managed an ok day at work too.

Livvy, have you caught back up yet?!

Steph, its like a catch 22 situation isnt it! You want to get some coins but dont want to spend in order to get them!!!

Nothing much else to report really, pretty boring from me!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi MTG, pleased you had a good day back at work, mine went well thankyou.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • LivvyLoo_2
    LivvyLoo_2 Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mummy,

No LOL, getting there slowly. Spreadsheet is all up to date now so I do feel a bit more organised.

How lucky for you to have pay day so soon after Christmas...am so jealous. 2 weeks and a bit for me.

xx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Good Afternoon Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up. Yesterday I didnt have much to report, it was NSD4 which is good! Today im having a spend day, just been to the butchers for 2 lots of mince, stewing meat, sausage and 2 chicken breast for £14.86 so not too bad. Need some cheese as I threw ours out yesterday as it didnt smell very nice, not off but just not right. Should have taken it back to Mr T's but not worth the petrol to drive there!
    So today is a very good day for me. This morning my manager asked me if I would like more hours to do some marketing. I obviously snapped her hand off, its nothing set in stone yet as she needs to run it by someone else first but fingers crossed! I would only work around the children still but I could roughly get around £250 a month extra. If this does happen, I am going to be disciplined and either save or pay off debt... no frittering it away.

So thats about all really, im going to clean the bathrooms in a minute... joy! Ive soaked the shower head in white vinegar so as sad as it is sounds, im actually excited to see the difference haha!!!!
    Tomorrow is my cleaning day when I do skirtings etc, I have only just got into my routine and its going to all change again.

Pennywise, glad you had a good day too!!

Livvy, im glad youre getting organised! I get paid 4 weekly its amazing how quickly it comes round.

Its bolognaise for tea here so will cook then when I get with the kids.
    Dont think ive anything else to report. Hope everyone ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family