IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fine for stopping double yellow lines for less than a minute.

Options
I work for an electrical contractor, and a fine has just arrived for one of our electricians for "parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force". He admits that he stopped quickly to put some materials into the building before parking properly, but the charge notice itself states he was there from 8:32 - 8:32. Should we pay this fine or contest it?

I had always been told that you have to be seen parked for at least 2 minutes before a fine can be issued, is this a myth or does the fact that he was seen unloading change it?

Just in case it matters; the fine was issued from a camera rather than by a warden.

thanks in advance for any help and advice.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Comments

• anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd pay up (assuming it's a council issued notice). The contravention was parking on double yellows. Not parking on double yellows for an amount of time.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    anewman wrote: »
    The contravention was parking on double yellows. Not parking on double yellows for an amount of time.
    There's no mention of DYL. You still need to check exactly what the loading/unloading restrictions are at that location and whether the signage is correct
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd think about posting the pcn up on here first in case it does not meet regs. host on tinypic and put the url in a post.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Orford wrote: »
    There's no mention of DYL. You still need to check exactly what the loading/unloading restrictions are at that location and whether the signage is correct

Yes, in the heading it says DYL.

But I agree with what you are saying, if the OP wants to try to save the money they could investigate exactly what the loading/unloading restrictions are at that location (ask to see the TRO at the Council) and check whether any signage is correct. Is it a CPZ?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes, in the heading it says DYL.
    Doh, nil points for observational skills
  • Tom_H
    Tom_H Posts: 614 Forumite
    Options
    I think Orford hit the nail on the head:

Although he was on double yellow lines, that's not what the fine was for - it was for unloading in a resticted area, so even though he was only there for less than a minute I think the ticket has been issued correctly. Especially as he was about only 3 feet from a sign!

So looks like we'll have to payup! thanks anyway guys.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Still put the ticket up on here, not all councils get the wording right.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Tom_H
    Tom_H Posts: 614 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Peter, but my boss has said he doesn't want any company inforation put on here - also it's been sent by city of London for parking in the financial district - the people that work round there will know all the tricks so you can bet their tickets are correct! Ha ha
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    There's no need to leave private information on there, just the dates and times etc. Remove vrm as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure