We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Layoff and resignation
WelshWonder_3
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
Am I entitled to give any notice period for resignation to my employers if I am on a temporary layoff period and the company failed to make payroll the previous month (i.e. I'm owed a whole months salary for Feb and am now on a temporary 4 week layoff for March).
Thankyou
WelshWonder
Am I entitled to give any notice period for resignation to my employers if I am on a temporary layoff period and the company failed to make payroll the previous month (i.e. I'm owed a whole months salary for Feb and am now on a temporary 4 week layoff for March).
Thankyou
WelshWonder
0
Comments
-
I think what you are thinking of is the fact that an employee is entitled to declare themselves "redundant" from a job if they havent been paid for a certain length of time (ie get their redundancy pay from the employer and have the employer declare them "redundant" - so the D.W.P. doesnt try and say that the employee has "resigned" from the job).
I think the period of time is 4 weeks - but couldnt swear to it.
It might be somewhere on:
http://www.tuc.org.uk/tuc/rights_main.cfm0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards