IVA review I&E - Please help

Options
2»

Comments

• Mad_girl
    Mad_girl Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys :), am going to sit down tonight and do the full calculations, Payplan have actually sent me something that shows the maximum I can put down for things such as food, car tax and service etc so this will help! I will speak to my IP tomorrow and see what she says about the braces, I do not have a written quote yet as we need another full apponitment and then they will go over costs etc, but I do need to save for the deposit - can't wait for this IVA to be over, only 3 years :o - BUT it has been the best thing my hubby and I have done.....

If anyone is interested in what my IP says, I will post tomorrow :)
  • Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Do post back and let us know.

You should be able to lose half of thew £200 extra you think you have simply by adding a few shekels to each amount you are already paying... this would reflect a normal increase in inflation and a rise in council tax etc

The other half you can certainly argue is required for your daughters braces which is very reasonable...
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • Mad_girl
    edited 2 March 2010 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Well, had a long chat to my IP this morning and they are able to "adjust" the medical and dental limit a bit but it does not cover the full amount for DD's braces, the rest (we are told) should be taken from the "emergency fun" great :mad: and this still does not cover it! so, to cut a long story short we have to pay an extra £100 odd a month into the IVA, I am just so depressed about this, the IP said that they could not adjust anything further and if they had to take the case to the creditors they would say my DD does not need braces as if she did then the NHS would pay for them, this would be purely cosmetic! What a load of carp - The IP also said that they "could" reduce the amount they are allocating for dentistry and I may have to pay in more if I go down the route!

Just this month we finally felt that things were ran smoothly and we still had "a bit" of money left in our account at the end of the month, this extra £100 is going to hit us - Oh well, at least OH will get his yearly increase in April/May - I just feel so down, I feel like the minute our head is above water we get pulled down again!:(
  • Charco_2
    Charco_2 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    You didn't have to agree to it!

Is there any chance you could post up a copy of the I&E you're expected to agree to?
    Would you ask the wolves to look after the sheep?
    CCCS funded by banks
  • Mad_girl
    Options
    Charco wrote: »
    You didn't have to agree to it!

Is there any chance you could post up a copy of the I&E you're expected to agree to?

Hi CHarco

I have not agreed, I asked them to send it to me in writing so that my husband and I could look at it! Is it worth us arguing it? We are two years into the IVA and I would hate it to go horribly wrong! Also, I am afraid if they do take it to the creditors that I may have to submit all paperwork again, that way they will see that I added and extra few £ here and there :( I don't have the full I&E, they will send it through the post.
  • Mad_girl
    Options
    Charco, can I ask a question, my DD will be going to uni in September, can I still include her living costs in the IVA or should she be supporting herself at the age of 18?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure