PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Re-negotiating after survey

Options
2»

Comments

• brit1234
    brit1234 Posts: 5,385 Forumite
    Options
    timmyt wrote: »
    the buyer is not wrong to pay more, not in this climate, as no one knows a property's valuation - which is why so many properties are still on rightmove.

In my view they are clearly are. I think it is safe to say property at the moment is extremely overvalued, fueled by now gone cheap credit, artifically low interest rates and mass fraud.

Now we are coming to the end of the dead cat bounce and property prices are likely to fall back to normal values. You have paid for a surveyor and he is trying to protect you from negative equity as prices have started falling again.

Now if the lenders survey says it is overvalued, I strongly recomend speaking to the seller for a price cut.

Also have a look at basic economics, don't get caught out by false dawns of now ending economic stimulas or stupidly low interest rates which can only go up.
    :exclamatiScams - Shared Equity, Shared Ownership, Newbuy, Firstbuy and Help to Buy.

Save our Savers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport