vw golf, audi a3,ford focus,mazda 626

Options
ok need your advice here guys, i have a very limited budget of at least 1500 pounds, and am after any of these cars- vw golf, audi a3,ford focus,mazda 626. I know that with such a limited budget, i cannot expect to get much, but what would you guys recomend for me to get, out of thses four cars, am also after a diesel engine, as i do at least 1000 miles a week, phew, so what would you guys recomend bearing in mind maintanence costs, and fuel costs. thanks.

Comments

• flyingscotno1
    Options
    vixmony wrote: »
    ok need your advice here guys, i have a very limited budget of at least 1500 pounds, and am after any of these cars- vw golf, audi a3,ford focus,mazda 626. I know that with such a limited budget, i cannot expect to get much, but what would you guys recomend for me to get, out of thses four cars, am also after a diesel engine, as i do at least 1000 miles a week, phew, so what would you guys recomend bearing in mind maintanence costs, and fuel costs. thanks.

At 1500 quid forget picking the car model you want, simply judge it on car condition.
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Get some old VAG product that'll run for a million miles!
  • mark5
    mark5 Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long do you need the car to last you for, and will it be motorway miles?

I would consider a VW Passat TDi, you would be looking at a 10 year old one with 100k+ on the clock.

Doing those sort of miles I would be changing the oil every 2-3 months.
  • somech
    somech Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    ford focus buy with your eyes for that money
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Buy a Mk3 Golf. They are mostly bombproof.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • lambo28
    lambo28 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Buy a Mk3 Golf. They are mostly bombproof.

Double that!!!
  • Pew_Pew_Pew_Lasers!
    Options
    1,000 miles a week in any of those cars, and you'll soon be deaf. I'd up your budget and get a larger car.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1000 miles a week in a £1500 car? ................................ spend some of your budget on breakdown assistance
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Skoda Octavia. Based on the Golf, same engines, you'll get more for your money I imagine too. Especially at the £1.5k end.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Mazda 626 is the best in the list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business