car insurance Question

Options
Hey hope someone can give me some help

my sister is a carer for my disabled mother, now when she applys for other insurance quotes she puts in unemployed yet she does what is classed as a full time job meaning through claiming carer's allowance she has to be with mum at least something like 24 hours

For her now its virtually 24 -7 is there a particular job title she should use cause normally on forms when putting carer it either has professional carer then asks for an employer which again is confusing cause its the DWP jobcentre that technically pay her for doing this.

any advice as her premium and quotes are bonkers!

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Best option is to phone Insurers or use a broker, so an explanation can be given.

If she is not in receipt of unemployment benefit she is not technically unemployed. A housewife or a retired person would not be noted as unemployed.

The reason why carers are looked at particularly is that they may be caring for other non related people and drive them around in the car, in relation to this occupation.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I tend to use Retired as an occupation for this type of situation, as Huckster has advised try this or housewife and then ring the Insurer, make sure you take a note of the name and the date / time of the call.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure