Barclaycard 6.9% not available?

Options
o_t_e
o_t_e Posts: 463 Forumite
I wonder if anyone has had this experience - I applied for the 6.9% for life rate advertised on the Barclaycard website and it was rejected. When I enquired I was told that BT rate was not available on my card.

I've never had so much as a late payment with Barclaycard (or anyone else) so I was a bit surprised.

Anyone had a simmilar experience?

Comments

• EdinburghKev
    Options
    I am just about to transfer my balance back to my Barclaycard after moving it to my Egg card so I can get the 6.9% deal before it ends on the 31st July. I will be very dissapointed if my card is not eligable. I'll post once I make the transfer (probably Monday).
    Enter Action with Boldness.....
  • o_t_e
    Options
    Hope it goes ok Kev - it may just be that barclaycard don't like the way I use their services; I imagine the point with this offer is that they hope you will do the balance transfer then carry on using the card - as I have one barclaycard for purchases (which is always paid off each month) and another barclaycard just for low rate BT's I'm probably not making them enough money.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    they offered it to me approx 4 weeks ago
    once i had cleared the balance i called up to to a BT and asked what offers they had, they offered me 0% til Jan
    suited me better as the BT was under 500 so willbe paid by Jan anwyay
    worth calling and asking what bt offers they had
  • EdinburghKev
    Options
    o_t_e, I have just checked my Barclaycard balance after transfering the balance to another card and it was at £0.00. I clicked through the balance transfer offer link and moved 90% of my Barclaycard limit back to my Barclaycard. It seems to have gone through okay and if there is any problems I will get an email within the next 3 days.

Did you try and transfer more than 90% of your credit limit back to your Barclaycard. I am sure Barclaycard have not declined you the offer because of how you use the card as my use of the card over the years has been absolutely terrible.

I hope you manage to get the deal with Barclaycard.
  • o_t_e
    Options
    Hi Kev - I was careful to keep the request to within 90% of the credit limit; the next day I got an e-mail advising that they couldn't process the BT request - can't get anything out of them as to why but it seems that they won't authorise a BT of any value which seems ominous. One thing that has occurred to me is that although I'm working I have also been studying and converted my Barclays account into a student account - so it may be that they think I'm a penniless student. Oh well, it's no big deal (i'm more concerned as to whether my easyjet flight next week is going to be cancelled!) - think I'll just wait till autumn and apply for a low rate card from another company.

Good luck with your transfer - i'm sure it will be ok.
  • EdinburghKev
    EdinburghKev Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    From Barclaycard:

Thank you for requesting an online balance transfer.

I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for a balance transfer. For further clarifications regarding your request being declined, please contact Barclaycard Customer Services on 0870 1540154, or from abroad on ++ 44 1604 230230. When calling the Customer Services number, press 0 and you will be transferred to a Customer Account Manager.

For your convenience, a Customer Account Manager will be available to assist you 24 hours, seven days.

What a pest, I called and they say that I have missed a payment in the last 6 months. I have transfered my balance to my Egg card and now I cant move it back. I am about to call Barclaycard back and cancel my card.
  • o_t_e
    Options
    Hi Kev - sorry to hear this - hopefully they have some kind of retention squad who will offer you a deal to stay with them.
  • Shimmyhill
    Shimmyhill Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    I called Barclaycard up to transfer a balance (cnt see where to do it online) I have an offer for 4.9% - when i called i was told the balance transfer system is down, they confirmed i have a 4.9% offer but can not trnsfer at the moment until the system is up. It has been dow a few days aparently so maybe this is why it has been declined for you guys ?
  • o_t_e
    Options
    Thanks for the info Shimmy - I think there may be something else going on with Kev getting exactly the same e-mail I received; it would be interesting to hear if anyone does successfully make use of the 6.9% for life offer before the declared deadline of the 31st.
  • Shimmyhill
    Shimmyhill Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    Just a heads up, called barclaycard and the system is up and running again. I transfered to it at the 4.9% offered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure