Advice RE Lloyds TSB credit card

Options
Sent a letter off a couple of weeks ago claiming £416 of charges on my Lloyds Visa card, charges going back as far as January 2006.

Got a letter back today offering me £12.68 (this includes interest) this is a refund of the difference between £12 and the actual amount of each charge applied to my account, (I only had one £20 charge before it changed to £12 in June 2006)

Just looking for some advice and feedback on what I can do now, can I still try to claim back the rest or is that it finished and I accept the £12.68
Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    According to Martin's article on reclaiming credit card charges:
    It makes a partial offer
    There is a chance it’ll offer some of the money you want. If you have asked for the full refund this may be the difference between the fee and the £12 OFT recommendation. Whatever it offers, you need to decide whether it’s worth continuing or just taking the cash
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-charges

Of course, entirely up to you as to whether you follow his guide. As it says at the bottom of every page:
    This website is based on journalistic research. It does not constitute financial advice. Any information should be considered in regard to specific circumstances. All tips are followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research

"Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    smunchkin wrote: »
    Sent a letter off a couple of weeks ago claiming £416 of charges on my Lloyds Visa card, charges going back as far as January 2006.

Got a letter back today offering me £12.68 (this includes interest) this is a refund of the difference between £12 and the actual amount of each charge applied to my account, (I only had one £20 charge before it changed to £12 in June 2006)

Just looking for some advice and feedback on what I can do now, can I still try to claim back the rest or is that it finished and I accept the £12.68
    Thanks in Advance

Tell them you want it all or see you in court.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family