Consumer Credit Services

Options
Hello
Wonder if anyone can help
I have been approached and subsequently entered into an agreement with
C-C-S or Consumer Credit Services
In order to recover PPI and Credit card charges.
I had to pay an upfront cost 200 quid of which I get a pack sent to me which I have received include paperwork and send back.
Has anyone had dealings with this company before,they are regulated by the ministry of justice as I have checked their status.
I have 14 days to send the paperwork back to them so that the process can begin and also to claim back my 200 quid if I wish not to continue.
Does anyone have any ideas of what would be the way forward.

Regards
bish

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    Wonder if anyone can help
    I have been approached and subsequently entered into an agreement with
    C-C-S or Consumer Credit Services
    In order to recover PPI and Credit card charges.
    I had to pay an upfront cost 200 quid of which I get a pack sent to me which I have received include paperwork and send back.
    Has anyone had dealings with this company before,they are regulated by the ministry of justice as I have checked their status.
    I have 14 days to send the paperwork back to them so that the process can begin and also to claim back my 200 quid if I wish not to continue.
    Does anyone have any ideas of what would be the way forward.

Regards
    bish
    If I were you I would send a recorded delivery letter and cancel and get your money back. I would not trust any claims company.
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Ditto what Marshallka says. You could claim it back with the information on this site. It is easy and you keep all your money for yourself.
    :mad:
  • marshallka
    Options
    maxdp wrote: »
    Ditto what Marshallka says. You could claim it back with the information on this site. It is easy and you keep all your money for yourself.
    Not every case is easy but if you keep fighting and don't give up then most cases are. IF FOS get insurers to take responsibility then no need for any claims companies with most PPI claims.
  • bishopbasher
    Options
    Hello Thanks for the replies
    Once I received the paperwork I noticed that their charges for succsessful claim is 25%.
    Albeit that is the common cost they failed to disclose this at first instance .
    I rang them today as i wanted more info regarding my claim against a credit card company upping my limit without me signing a new agreement ,of which i did not sign as it was just a letter confirming my limit had been raised.
    This company have said that I have a case and should claim.
    But after speaking to their customer care team they said that normally hidden in the T&C of contract anyway making my claim fruitless.
    The more I think about this the more I want to cancel the whole thing.
    Just want to know if anyone else has had this situation and knows how to deal with this.
    Regards
    bish
  • marshallka
    Options
    Hello Thanks for the replies
    Once I received the paperwork I noticed that their charges for succsessful claim is 25%.
    Albeit that is the common cost they failed to disclose this at first instance .
    I rang them today as i wanted more info regarding my claim against a credit card company upping my limit without me signing a new agreement ,of which i did not sign as it was just a letter confirming my limit had been raised.
    This company have said that I have a case and should claim.
    But after speaking to their customer care team they said that normally hidden in the T&C of contract anyway making my claim fruitless.
    The more I think about this the more I want to cancel the whole thing.
    Just want to know if anyone else has had this situation and knows how to deal with this.
    Regards
    bish
    I would (but this is only MY opinion here so wait for others too) cancel the whole thing and never trust a claims company like you have and pay money over to them. Get your Recorded Delivery Letter off to them and hopefully get back your £200.
  • sharpdeath
    sharpdeath Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Is it possible the OP has a chance to get his money back through the Distance Selling Regulations or 7 day cooling off period?
    All the time you're watching your back, you can never look forward...
  • bishopbasher
    Options
    update!!!
    looks like I have been ripped off ,I am still trying to recover my £200.
    Managed to speak to someone on the 13th April when I asked when was my credit card going to be reimbursed (which is after 28 day period) he stated that they don't reimburse credit cards so i had to choose bank transfer or cheque, I chose cheque and I am still waiting .
    Decided to make a call to the Ministry of justice as the company are regulated by them and I am waiting to here back from them.
    And so it goes on and on and on!!!
    Advice
    I have had my fingers burnt do not trust these individuals !!!!!!!

regards

bish
  • BigCraigJohn
    BigCraigJohn Posts: 1,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you paid by credit card speak to your provider. They may be able to help by doing a chargeback.
    Explain the companies manner as it does seem some what fraudulent and misleading.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure