Ambulance chasers on telly now!

Options
Just watching dispatches on ch4. Scams claims and compensation.

The Star Trek mad solicitor says he is hurt when he's called an ambulance chaser, yet he's just took over 5k in costs for a kid stubbing his toe in a playground, and is now trying to sue for a man cutting himself shaving.

You just couldn't make it up:eek:

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    The shaver got £6K allegedly.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 February 2010 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Strangely enough a very large percentage of [STRIKE]ambulance chasers[/STRIKE] personal injury lawyers come from Liverpool [
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately you could make it up - I used to coach badminton as an out-of-hours school activity (wasn't paid for it). Following a claim (on another activity) the volounteers were 'invited' to take out private liability insurance to cover accidents etc. Rather suprisingly, now little or no activities, but some twonk got a few quid for screwing up what was an excellent programme.
  • JPS29
    JPS29 Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Options
    Dacouch, I'm not ashamed to let everyone know Im a scouser, and proud of it. However that lawyer was not representative of the majority of scousers, or indeed normal people I know. Come on, how could that man sue for the razor incident with a huge scar on his chin from his own misadventure. He admitted it caused him no stress and you could hardly see it!!

Another point that made me laugh was the denial of being an ambulance chaser, yet advertising on appointment cards from the fracture clinic:rotfl:
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The guy with the scar really made me laugh, :rotfl:
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah, come on Dacouch - where are you from, I'm sure that I can come up with a good (sic) stereotype of your area? ;)

With love from The Peoples Republic of Liverpool
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • dacouch
    Options
    I love Liverpool
  • dacouch
    Options
    I pop up to visit my hub caps every year ;)
  • JPS29
    JPS29 Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Options
    Hang on rude kid.

Dacouch has a point and makes some very helpful posts on here, and has indeed helped me in the past. I dont think s/he was having a dig merely stating a fact. I did actually wonder myself why the "clients" from London couldn't have got a solicitor closer to them. Probably because their cases were laughable and the firm in Liverpool was the only one that wanted to take it on.....
  • dacouch
    Options
    JPS29 wrote: »
    Hang on rude kid.

Dacouch has a point and makes some very helpful posts on here, and has indeed helped me in the past. I dont think s/he was having a dig merely stating a fact. I did actually wonder myself why the "clients" from London couldn't have got a solicitor closer to them. Probably because their cases were laughable and the firm in Liverpool was the only one that wanted to take it on.....

The vast majority of Personal Injury Solicitors are based in the North West, there is a huge amount in Manchester.

If you live in one part of the country there is a good chance you end up with a solicitor at the other end of the country as there are companies that advertise in the media and then sell your case on to the highest bidder. Solicitors will typically pay between £300 and £400 to obtain a personal injury claim with expected compensation of below £3500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure