Eating out in belfast

Options
I am heading to Belfast at the weekend with my mum and 10 year old daughter. We are staying at Days hotel and wanted some recommendations of where would be nice to eat on the Saturday night where we can get a nice meal but where my daughter can also get something she likes. Preferably it would be within walking distance of Days Hotel, which is behind Grand Opera House. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
If my post helps you, please click the 'thanks' button. :T

Comments

• drew2k9
    drew2k9 Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    Olios is always a good bet, its found at the back of the Crown Bar.
  • SuperMum2008
    Options
    Or head to Pizza Express or Nandos on Bedford Street, a bit over 5 mins walk from Days Inn/Great Victoria Street? might be a voucher you can use?
    Feel free to thank me, it makes my toes tingle and my ears go warm :T
  • julie97au
    Options
    We had thought of Olios, just wondered if there was anywhere else to consider - might look into Nandos.
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    Pizza express has 2 for 1 at the minute with the voucher you can print off from this site. It is close to Days and the pizzas are lovely, and they also do balloons and drawing pad etc for kids. Just be aware though that it can get really busy on Saturday nights so don't leave it till your 10 yo is starving to go :) there can be a 30 min wait on food (although they will tell you so).

There is also a Nandos pretty much opposite pizza express, recently opened. Not my sort of thing but if you're there with a child it might be good for you...I think there are vouchers for it as well...
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    I highly recommend the new Nandos in Bedford Street. :)
  • icookalot4u
    Options
    Buy a paper and book one of the belfast telegraph meal deal restaurants. There is another thread and they seem to be getting good reports
  • missma
    missma Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Olios is very close to the GOH and I have eaten there a couple of times. They do a good range of foods from what I remember. I tried Nandos in Victoria Square once and really thought it was glorified fast food with a bumped up price maybe its just me. Hope u have a gr8 night
  • marcowil
    marcowil Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 February 2010 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Buy a paper and book one of the belfast telegraph meal deal restaurants. There is another thread and they seem to be getting good reports
    Is the Telegraph meal deal not Mon-Thurs only?

I would take Olio or even Pizza Express over Nandos any day - I think Nandos is a glorified KFC! But, that's just my opinion :)

Another option (close to Days) is Speranza
    The Daily Mail
    Tagline - "Why let the truth get in the way of a story to incense Middle England"
  • Greentea
    Options
    I would avoid the restaurants on the top floor of the Victoria Square, they are never busy, hence food freshness is questionable. I had a particularly bad experence in La Tasca, there was mould on a lemon which must have been kept for months.
  • julie97au
    Options
    I remember being in Speranza years ago when I worked in Belfast - that's somewhere else to consider. May eat in Nandos at lunch time and try Olios or Speranzas at night. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport