Aol Talk and 1815

Options
imho
imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Will 18185 still work if i have Aol Talk ? I have just had a message on my phone that they are activating my free Aol talk. I never asked for this service anyway.But will i still be able to use 18185 with Aol talk ?
Sorry if its been asked before but i have just come back from a 5 month trip in India .
Thanks very much

Comments

• imho
    Options
    I just called Aol on that 044 number. And 2 calls later they said i can still override Aol talk and call international on 18185.
    He offered to reduce my monthly payment by £2 a month. I never even mentioned it.It must have cost me more than £2 for the 2 calls i made .
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    BT line rental with AOL as your CPS calls provider - the 18185 prefix will work (if you have an account with them) and is recommended for many international calls and for calling UK mobiles.

However, the 1280 prefix to 'hop back onto BT' will not work because AOL now use WCLI - so you will not be able to make the 2 'qualifying calls' you need to make via BT to get free Caller Display and/or basic 1571.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • imho
    Options
    Thanks Heinz. I have just had a " Sorry you are leaving us " letter from BT and a freephone number if i have changed my mind so i will call BT and get them to sort it out as i dont want Aol talk.
    Cheers again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport