2 credit cards with Halifax?

Options
Hi,

I have an Amazon credit card which is provided by Halifax. I recently received an application for another credit card through the post which is also provided by Halifax. Was it sent because I already have a credit card with Halifax?.........wyhy would they offer me another credit card, when they have already decided on my credit limit for the amazon card?..........would I be likely to be accepted?

Cheers

Comments

• CraigDavid
    CraigDavid Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I currently have numerous cards, 3 of which ... Amazon, Intelligent Finance and Marriott, are all provided by Halifax. They even did me a 6 month 0% balance transfer from the IF card to the Marriott, which I didn't think they would do.
  • bert&ernie
    bert&ernie Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    Most of the big card firms issue cards under multiple brands. They will have rules on which combinations of cards you can own and what the their total exposure should be across these brands. Its quite likely for you to be accepted for more than one card brand from the same issuer. However, its less likely you will be offered multiple cards from the same brand i.e. two Halifax One cards or Cap 1 platinum and classic.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
  • Call_Centre_Monkey
    Options
    In theory you can hold as many Halifax cards (or other HBOS) cards as you like at any one time. The exception is you can only hold one HBOS "One" card at any one time.

And hello, I am new. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport