IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Car Park

Options
Hi,

I'm hoping I already know the answer to this one after reading some posts here, but just to get another opinion, should I just ignore this letter and wait for the next 4 or 5 to roll up threatening me with court action, or is there any reason I have overlooked which would mean paying the "fine"?

www . freeimagehosting.net/image.php?d382bcd046.jpg

(Please remove the spaces either side of the . in the above link as I am a new poster and am not allowed to post links in case I'm a spammer!)

Thanks!

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    Options
    Sorry, the letter is not readable, however you should be fine to do as previous posters have and ignore them. Do not state on any forum just who the driver is/was in case the ppc's atr trolling.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • ca8msm
    Options
    Sorry, the letter is not readable, however you should be fine to do as previous posters have and ignore them. Do not state on any forum just who the driver is/was in case the ppc's atr trolling.
    Sorry about that, is this any clearer?

www . freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d382bcd046.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, it's clear enough that it's a private ticket so treat it like a piece of toilet roll!

In general terms, here's what to expect in the form of scary letters from debt collectors et al, before they give up:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2214803

We don't have examples of C P Plus letters on that thread yet, maybe you could help by keeping all the loo roll they send you and posting it on that linked thread in the end, once you are sure they've stopped annoying you? We are trying to get examples of all the tosh these firms send out; this helps others see that these tickets can be safely ignored and that the scary letters are not so scary after all.

It will take a few months of ignoring begging letters but certainly better than paying the scammers. :T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pimpslider
    Options
    ca8msm, I can't view the letter at work, but I assume all the personal details were blanked out on it?

I'll be scanning my TPS letters soon as I noticed there weren't any on there from them.
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • ca8msm
    Options
    Yes, the details are blanked out thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure