Save Money on ID Photos

Have you ever had your picture taken in one of those awful booths and laughed at the awful results. Well, I have just printed 20 passport sized photos of myself using a nice photo of me taken at xmas. I resized it and printed it using my computer and printer. I now have these photos ready for any future requests ie passport renewal or id card renewal etc. and it only cost me a sheet of photo paper

Comments

• Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Paspics £1.95 for 6 is an alternative to photobooths, but there is a two day postal wait!! ;)
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you ever had your picture taken in one of those awful booths and laughed at the awful results. Well, I have just printed 20 passport sized photos of myself using a nice photo of me taken at xmas. I resized it and printed it using my computer and printer. I now have these photos ready for any future requests ie passport renewal or id card renewal etc. and it only cost me a sheet of photo paper

thats weird!!! I have just been doing this myself. :D

I have found that 6x4 photo cards fit 8 passport photos on.

The only thing I can add is obviously make sure you read what the relevant organisation needs before sending photo's ie. Passports need a white background.
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • Just done the similar thing for my daughter on her bus pass - took a photo of her and printed passport sized photos using my computer and printer. She is very happy with the photo too. :D
  • marylee
    marylee Posts: 497 Forumite
    Just done the similar thing for my daughter on her bus pass - took a photo of her and printed passport sized photos using my computer and printer. She is very happy with the photo too.  :D

I have been trying to do that on my computer, the photos do not look that good. I have got an Olympus MJU 410, any idea the size I need for the photo. Thanks
  • aussielle
    aussielle Posts: 705 Forumite
    Max Spielman also do passport photos, if you don't like the shot, they'll take another. Can't remember off the top of my head how much it was, but cheaper than the photo booths.
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The only thing I can add is obviously make sure you read what the relevant organisation needs before sending photo's ie. Passports need a white background.
    Somewhere on the myriad forms I think they also tell you how many pixels you need to have in the photo if it's a digital one. I find it very frustrating when the kids get a half-decent school photo and you can have a sheet of passport sized photos - but they're no good for a passport application because the background is wrong!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • they're no good for a passport application because the background is wrong!

I was listening to Radio 5 in the car this week. They had an item that if you smile on new passport photo's they won't be accepted because they can't be recognised by the new facial scanning devices at the airports ???
  • Suzy_Babe
    Suzy_Babe Posts: 314 Forumite
    I received my replacement passport last week, and commented to my husband how miserable he looked in his possport photo. He said that you were not now supposed to smile, but I can't remember reading anything about that ... and surely if it was not acceptable, they would not have put it onto my replacement passport & returned it to me????

I must admit, I'm getting a little worried, now: supposed to be going away in a few weeks. Can anyone advise, please? (Thanks!)

??? ??? ???
    If it's cheap, I'm cheerful!
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Jessops will take your passport photos for you

We tried printing out our own passport photos which were returned to us because when the passport chap got them ,he was going to scan them and the resolution was not good enough they were 600X 600 dpi .
    printing your own is okay for ID cards though as all they do is stick them to it.
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    costco also do 6 for £1.99 (vat to be added ) and they let you check the photo first if you are not happy they will take it again

:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport