Advised to go for DRO but income soon to change

After my initial appointment with CAB who advised a DRO would be the best route for me - I am now querying their advice, as our income will increase by approx £500 a month once my maternity allowence starts (april) and we are also moving from a £500 a month property to a £650 a month. I'm guessing I will need to do a new SOA - but their correspondance specifies that after 3 months our file will close (its already been 4 weeks) Is it worth us writing to our creditors now - or wait till the new SOA is finalised?


  • immoral_angeluk
    You're going to need to do a new SOA as it's likely your council tax will also increase if you are moving to a higher value property. Your SOA will need to show that you have disposable income of less than £50 a month before debt repayments for it to be successful so you will need an up to date SOA.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Can you work out a new SoA now as it will be once you get your maternity allowance. You need to then reseek advice, either from the CAB or from one of the others such as CCCS -
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards