We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

geo-targeted ads

Hi guys and gals

I'm thinking of trying to set up some geo-targeted ads on my website. I've looked in to how this is done. I'm thinking about doing this with my own affiliate ads (ie from cj or tradedoubler).

I use 1&1 to host my site and they says that i can't use my mysql database to hold the info for the geo-targeting database. Does anybody know of an alternative way around this?

I don't really think google ads is really what I'm looking for but perhaps somebody else hosting my links in their database or any other solutions that exist???

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.