We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Soundcard and digital output for games
Shimrod
Posts: 1,229 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I used to use a Yamaha DSP-A2 amp with my PC for games and music - this had external decoder input, so I could take the 5.1 analogue channels out of the soundcard and get the surround sound when gaming.
The amp was taking up too much space, so I sold it and bought a (cheap) creative 5.1 sound system instead. The sound for games was fine, but rubbish for music so I've now got a TEAC amp instead.
Problem is, this only has stereo analogue inputs, so to get 5.1 I have to pass through a digital signal on coax or optical.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced soundcard that can pass through multi-channel game effects on a digital signal?
Thanks
The amp was taking up too much space, so I sold it and bought a (cheap) creative 5.1 sound system instead. The sound for games was fine, but rubbish for music so I've now got a TEAC amp instead.
Problem is, this only has stereo analogue inputs, so to get 5.1 I have to pass through a digital signal on coax or optical.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced soundcard that can pass through multi-channel game effects on a digital signal?
Thanks
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards