New Vonage V-Plan 4i

Options
What do people think of this new plan from VOIP operator Vonage?

For £18.99 you get 2000 mins free calls to Indian (India, US, Canada, Singapore and Hong Kong) mobiles/landlines and 35 other country's landlines.

Would you say this is over-priced and better waiting for other deals to come out?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 21 February 2010 at 4:30PM
    Options
    It's slightly less than 1p/minute - the price available on PSTN lines via the prefix and gateway providers to call USA, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong and many European countries.

OTOH, if it includes one of the more expensive destinations and that happens to be the one you want, then its worth increases.

BTW, I am sure you realise it but the word 'free' in your post is advertising jargon (read 'pre-paid' instead).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • ACDeag
    ACDeag Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    synapse321 wrote: »
    What do people think of this new plan from VOIP operator Vonage?

For £18.99 you get 2000 mins free calls to Indian (India, US, Canada, Singapore and Hong Kong) mobiles/landlines and 35 other country's landlines.

Would you say this is over-priced and better waiting for other deals to come out?

From what I can read it is unlimited calls not 2,000 mins unless I am missing something.
  • MarkLS12
    MarkLS12 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    ACDeag wrote: »
    From what I can read it is unlimited calls not 2,000 mins unless I am missing something.

You are missing their "fair use" policy which defines "unlimited" to mean 2000 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure