🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How Do I get money off card

Options
I am £125 in credit on a halifax credit card due to a payment made back to the card.
What is the best way to get this money off the card without being charged for doing it.Sorry if this is a silly question but I am new to all this.

:beer:

Comments

• Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Use your credit card to buy something (or multiple things) that you would be buying anyway. That's probably the easiest way.
  • klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    Call them and ask for it! Most credit cards can only send an overpayment to your current account - which is probably what you want anyway! Double check when you call that there will not be a charge for this, but there shouldn't be as it's not a cash advance (ie you are not borrowing but retrieving your own money).
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    they will return the credit to you as either a cheque or a BACS payment - have never been charged for this by any card company
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • gthemean
    Options
    Thanks to all for the help.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts