🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I think I get this

Options
Sorry to be painful, but need some advice.
I have just ordered my credit report on my 30 day free trial from experian. I have just clicked about stoozing! I have quiet a few credit cards all with nothing on them. I will have to cancel them all and start again?

what i was hoping to do was use the capital to offset against my mortgage. I have just been offered £10500 on an amex card!, which is not offering 0% but I was impressed with the limit.

will i gain enough to make this worth my while? I have a 91k mortgage at 5.25% I just can't do the math. will it depend on how much i can borrow?

Comments

• kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Think you have come into stoozing a little late,transfer fees and mainly 6mths,it was good in the old days.All sorts of factors determine your credit limits-income---outstanding debt £10500 looks good ,but who knows,depends on the lender,Martins article will give you an indication .
    No calculation possible because need to know who is going to lend you 0%
    and how much,but it might be worth a try ,watch that you do not damage your credit score
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • millsmum
    millsmum Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I will probaly give it a miss. I am always a bit late on these things. I just want to pay my mortgage off early without having to work too hard.
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    millsmum wrote:
    I think I will probaly give it a miss. I am always a bit late on these things. I just want to pay my mortgage off early without having to work too hard.
    Well you are in the very best place,easy just keep logging on,it will happen. Please do not let me discourage you.look at https://www.stoozing.com
    Take care
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For your information, the Stoozing website has an Offsetting Guide.

The advantage with offsetting is that your 'equivalent' interest rate is much higher than you would otherwise get in a savings account stooz pot. For a basic rate tax-payer with a 5.25% offset mortgage, this equates to 6.56%. For a higher rate tax-payer, the figure is 8.75%.

I believe you need 30% of your mortgage in your offset savings account to make it work. Check out the Mortgage board on this site.
  • millsmum
    millsmum Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how do you get to know so much.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millsmum wrote:
    how do you get to know so much.
    There are some very wise people on these boards. I learn from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport