Taking redundancy whilst in trial period - Urgent meeting today!

Options
I am currently going through the consultation period (have my 3rd consultation meeting today) and the job they offing me to apply for is a combination of my job and another’s.

I have requested more pay if I were to take on the new role, have been told it would be a 2 stage salary increase, 1st after trial period, 2nd later in the year, but have not been told how much 1st and 2nd increases would be (this is a deciding factor for me).

If I’m not told what the first increase will be until the end of the trial and its only for a small amount I will lose my redundancy entitlement so need to know this before hand wouldn’t you think?

Also if I were to take on the trial period (4 weeks) and found the job not suitable I believe I can take the redundancy but will that mean I have to still work my notice (10 weeks) in the new role or in my old role and if at the end of the trial period do those 4 weeks come off my notice period leaving me with 6 weeks notice to serve?

Comments

• jazzyman01
    Options
    Okay - you have probably had the meeting by now but here goes anyway.

First if it is a job of equal value they might insist it is a fair replacement.
    Second if they have suggested increased salary - should put it in writing.
    Third if they are asking you to apply for the job, it is almost a recruitment so you will probably find that trial does not apply. Therefore you should ask for it as part of your consultation.
    Forth if this is a role to replace your current role it will have been made redundant. Therefore any notice must, in theory, be on the new job. Notice would be possibly the full 10 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure